• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by 350Rocket

1. 3

Post [OP5] Battery life Thread

I honestly had enough of you and this conversation, since you weren't actually reading what I said and basically just regurgitating your opinion on battery charging overnight etc...so I hadn't been back go this thread for a while. But doing some office work this weekend and searching for...
  2. 3

I guess I'll stay in the nice warm sand since my last few batteries have held up better than yours obviously for some reason. Well since I don't work at home, it's either overnight charging or dash charging, pick one I guess. If I can get 3 years without a battery replacement, I don't think it...
  3. 3

Well we're not exactly talking about the same thing at all. The phones sitting on charge in shops also have extreme burn in on the screens. Like you said. Extreme scenarios. My gf doesn't usually charge overnight, she plugs it in when it's at 5% or actually dead, and she gets 1-2 years our of...
  4. 3

Btw I'm using an 8 year old ThinkPad with the original battery that spent most of its years plugged in and sitting at 100% before the boss gave it to me. Battery is still good considering the age. I agree that being stuck on the charger is not great for batteries, but neither is running them...
  5. 3

I'm not sure I agree that optimized charging (trickle charging to full by morning) is harder than dash charging. It just doesn't make sense. Other than opinion, do you have proof? I've got some pretty old batteries.
  6. 3

Is there a problem with optimized charging? That's a feature I was excited about as I keep the phones long term and did what I could to keep the old phone from degrading much over 3 years. I will try turning it off but the whole point of it is to reduce battery degradation and allow you to...
  7. 3

It's definitely possible, weird thing is it's the exact same apps and setup on both phones. I did have an issue with the stock weather app draining the OnePlus 8 so I disabled it. Never had anything like that happen with the op5. I suspect I have a bum battery but I can't test the battery...
  8. 3

Both phones are completely stock actually. Mono Audio yeah, but much louder out of the OnePlus 5. I know how the cold can affect certain phones, my co-workers iPhone died after only a few minutes outside just before the holidays. Mine had no issues with the cold. It wasn't cold yet when I was...
  9. 3

Thanks that worked. Better than nothing. I'll still be missing working invert colours for certain apps that don't have a proper black mode..other than this and battery life still being worse than my tired OnePlus 5, my only problem is very low speakerphone volume compared to the op5. I use...
  10. 3

I wonder if it has anything to do with the "invert colors" being broken and unusable on the OnePlus 8 pro? Is this the case on yours or is it just me? I opened a ticket with OnePlus and shortly after that I got a reply from a problem with my OnePlus 5 I opened a ticket 6 months ago, so I don't...
  11. 3

Still getting 4-7 hours screen on time with my original battery. Stock 10.0.1. Always gets through the day and lasts longer than my new op8pro by a couple hours. Switched back to the old phone hoping updates will improve the new one. (especially poor speakerphone for outdoor use).
  12. 3

Post [OFFICIAL] OxygenOS 10.0.1 (Android Q 10.0) OTA for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger)

And call recording. Except I finally replaced the phone about a month ago after 5 months without. Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk
  13. 3

Post Update notification?

I think it's time to give up on OnePlus. There doesn't appear to be any hope for them anymore. I own a OnePlus 5 and 8 pro. The 8 pro was only because I needed dual sims and traded a brand new v60 dual screen for it. This is my last OnePlus ever unless they do a 180 and get their ****...
  14. 3

Very glad I didn't switch to beta. I need everything to work on my phone every day for work and restoring exchange email etc isn't a quick easy task, which is why I didn't go with beta even though people were reporting better luck with ob3 than the last stable. That's a pretty bad screw up on...
  15. 3

I installed it. No problems so far.