• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by 5tormChild

1. 5tormChild

Post Question Android 12

I have 31.1004.0404.73, and it works perfectly! The only thing bothered me in A12 was the combined wifi/mobile network switch which involved a lot of unnecessary taps, but since there are separate quick tiles for them (added by ASUS, didn't need to run the ADB commands), everything's fine!
  2. 5tormChild

Post Question call recording

Mine works fine, I'm on Android 12.
  3. 5tormChild

Post How To Guide Install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

I've attached my DeBloater Windows .cmd - everything seems to work fine here, but take great care! BTW, I've re-enabled Security app, because it has the permission control built-in, otherwise you can't change app permissions! Edit: if you don't want to use a third-party launcher (like Nova...
  4. 5tormChild

Everything can be uninstalled using ADB, even vital system apps, so take great care! Use ADB AppControl, it's a lot easier to use! (I have the Extended Version, since I thought supporting this awesome project is vital for it to become even better.) I've uninstalled all the bloat I found...
  5. 5tormChild

You have to be VERY quick! I had the same error, until I did everything faster than before. So turn off your tablet, enter EDL mode by pressing the VOLUME+ (that's the left) button, don't release it until you start QFIL (preconfigure it first), connect your tablet using its own cable, then start...
  6. 5tormChild

Using ADB AppControl I've disabled a few packages. Here's the log: So far so good, everything seems to be fine after about an hour. Lenovo's "Security" app is pretty shady, you can disable it with adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.zui.safecenter
  7. 5tormChild

Yep, the global ROM won't get any updates. The version Banggood has installed on mine didn't even have the System Update menu item, so OTA wasn't possible on that ROM. I followed the usual route: installed the latest available stock Chinese ROM, relocked the bootloader (which was unlocked by...
  8. 5tormChild

Post Question WiFi Hotspot Doesn't Work on Zenfone 8??

Turn "Allowed devices only" off, if it's on - I needed net on my other phone because of a LAN network outage, and I just couldn't properly connect when this option was on.
  9. 5tormChild

Post Question Browser mobile data problem

Select the correct APN here: Settings -> Network & internet -> Mobile network -> Access Point Names
  10. 5tormChild

Post Question Asus zenfone 8 , I purchased a new Asus zenfone 8 dual SIM 2weeks ago . But the battery life is just shocking. Had anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Be sure to let your battery deplete completely from time to time, as the battery gauge seems to be misalligned a bit! I've installed AccuBattery Pro on my ZenFone 8 just like on any of my Android devices, and when it had 2% left (which seems to be scary, isn't it?), I've decided to let it run...
  11. 5tormChild

Post Question Asus zenfone 8 , I purchased a new Asus zenfone 8 dual SIM 2weeks ago . But the battery life is just shocking. Had anyone have any thoughts on this ?

SAR value (head): 1,412 W/kg, SAR value (body): 1,582 W/kg (source) I've attached the official SAR test report of the Zenfone 8, if anybody's interested.
  12. 5tormChild

Post [Android 4.0+] Call Recorder - SKVALEX, record phone calls from the phone line

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, I saw in the manual that if an asterisk is present besides Voice call uplink + downlink in Audio Source, it should work properly, so I've upgraded Magisk to v23.0, I have your app's latest version installed without the dedicated Magisk module, and we'll see. If...
  13. 5tormChild

Post [Android 4.0+] Call Recorder - SKVALEX, record phone calls from the phone line

I bought Call Recorder a month ago, because I have a few Android 10 devices without the ability to record the other side of the calls. I've used the previous version without any problem, I could install the Magisk module without any hiccup, and even the latest app works without glitches. Today...
  14. 5tormChild

Post [APP] DevCheck 1.19 - System Information

I had this activation problem too, but everything went fine after I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
  15. 5tormChild

Post PACEficator Project|Hybrid ROM 2.0.84.0 v2.8 Installer|Stratos & Pace (2021/01/29)

Use your watch's Sync option, it uploads all workouts successfully without retrying a dozen times like in Zepp.