• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by _Alex_

1. _Alex_

Post [HARD BRICKED?] Turns on, shows Kindle logo, then flashes blue screen.

This happened to me too with an Apollo 3rd gen w/64 GB RAM, BL unlocked, w/ TWRP on Oct 2016 CM11. So pissed because in the middle of normal operation, the screen faded, rebooted and repeatedly showed the blue screen. Tried to reboot a couple of times but kept boot looping w/ blue screen...
  2. _Alex_

Post HDX 8.9 3rd gen cant get board working, what should i do with it

Swappa boneyard allows you to sell broken stuff Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk
  3. _Alex_

Post [DISCONTINUED] [STABLE] Lineage-11.0 for Safestrap v4 [21 Dec 2018]

Google was my friend when I encountered this one. This isnt specific to this ROM, Its a SuperSU setting, "mount namespace separation" needs to be disabled. Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 using Tapatalk
  4. _Alex_

Post [DISCONTINUED][27 NOV 2017] LineageOS-13.0

Tried 02-19 for 24 hours with fresh wipe (system, data and caches) but couldn't stay on it for long due to WiFi drops and auto-reconnect not working. Unlike my earlier experience, after resetting network settings and turning location services off, Greenify Pro showed me a 3 hour doze time...
  5. _Alex_

For those that are bootloader unlocked, have you ever noticed the advanced reboot option, reboot to recovery just hangs? I've noticed this is only a problem with CM11 and not any other ROM by ggow (e.g.. CM13)... Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 using Tapatalk
  6. _Alex_

Post [DISCONTINUED][27 NOV 2017] LineageOS-13.0

Many thanks to ggow for his continued effort with CM11 & CM13. With that said, I thought I'd help out by trying 0205 for the past 5 days. CM13 works great. The only reason I'm going back to CM11 is due to battery life isn't as good as CM11 with WiFi during sleep = always, and WiFi reconnect...
  7. _Alex_

Same here, had Dolby atmos before and dirty flashed it with 20160204 Apollo with gapps full 20160130, lost audio. Dirty flashing back same gapps, atmos and cm11-20160118 got me back to normal. Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 using Tapatalk
  8. _Alex_

Post [DISCONTINUED][STOCK][LOCKED] Safestrap v4.0.1

Is safestrap close enough to TWRP so it's possible to create a password protection via custom theme? I have a very impatient 2 year old who I can imagine rebooting the device in frustration and then clicking on everything until he manages to brick his tablet...
  9. _Alex_

Post [DISCONTINUED][UNOFFICIAL] SlimLP - [02 May 2016]

Just noticed I dirty flashed 09-04 to 09-15, not from 09-05, not sure if that changes things... Forgot to also mention 09-04 is solid for my use and noticeably faster than CM11 -- been using as daily driver even though I miss CM-specific features, such as multiuser & themes. Sent from my...
  10. _Alex_

I dirty flashed twice -- ApolloWiFi only -- wound up with boot loop, even tried to clear davlik and cache partition, no luck. Waited 20 to 30 minutes after flashing too. The last time after clearing cache & davlik, I saw boot to black screen, which I rebooted and saw optimizing apps, but...
  11. _Alex_

No problems with supersu, flashed right along with rom and gapps... lucky patcher working just like on cm11 Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk
  12. _Alex_

Post TWRP flashable stock images

I just looked at the apollo image zip and noticed that the modem is still installed from the updater script... (hmm, your 4.5.2 for Thor also has the modem install too). I was just about to test drive this too, but I'm not up for modem backups tonight. Has anyone ever gotten this to work...
  13. _Alex_

Post [EOL] CM-12.1 [22 Sep 2016]

I have big pipes and cpu cycles galore... Is everything checked in? I haven't tried building android images before, but I'm sure I could if I tried... Need a hand? Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk
  14. _Alex_

Post TWRP flashable stock images

adb works IN twrp, so as long as you have working adb and twrp, you can adb push a new zip to /sdcard to install... Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk
  15. _Alex_

I had similar issues and to correct, I used the latest tk gapps, 5.11 20150906 stock on apollo and all is well... Perhaps a link instead of an static old version would help in OP? No problems with Amazon Instant Video either, download feature works too... Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using...