• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by abuttino

1. A

Post [KERNEL] [September 8] Pixel 2 XL ElementalX 4.07 (Android 11)

flar2 Do you think you'll get a Pixel 4? To all: I haven't been able to use this kernel in a while. However, does it fix the ability to use Google Pay? Or, is that a lost cause? Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  2. A

Post Got Verizon and want WiFi Preferred for WiFi calling? I just found the way!

I think I may have an answer for rooted phones. In October, I installed the beta of Android 9 and started tinkering with some mbn files deep in the system folders. Using a hex editor, I found a file that controlled when WiFi calling got used. Since then, I have upgraded to the RTM (January...
  3. A

Post Modify Radio and Modem IMG for VoLTE

I have tried editing Verizon's .mbn file with a hex editor and used Magisk to replace the file at boot time to enable WiFi Preferred Calling, it doesn't work. I also took out my SIM card, activated fi, then put my SIM back in, that didn't work (with the file edited). So, if you spot something...
  4. A

Post Who's upgrading to Pixel 3 or 3XL?

There are mods that have not been carried over from Oreo to Pie, namely, WiFi Calling > WiFi Preferred. I have decompiled almost every file that has to do with WiFi calling and found little to nothing. So, don't be ignorant, there are some mods that can't be transferred. Sent from my Pixel...
  5. A

Post Got Verizon and want WiFi Preferred for WiFi calling? I just found the way!

The FCC ended the case with no action. Hackers wanted! Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  6. A

Post [Project] Trying to get WiFi Preferred on Pixel Phones. Developer Help needed.

The FCC ended the case with no action. Time for some hacks. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  7. A

Post [Project] Trying to get WiFi Preferred on Pixel Phones. Developer Help needed.

My rebuttal to the FCC about Verizon's response in which they lied and spun. This is in response to Verizon's Supplemental letter to the FCC: (Letter edited for private content) Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  8. A

My rebuttal to the FCC about Verizon's response in which they lied and spun. This is in response to Verizon's Supplemental letter to the FCC: (Letter edited for private content) Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  9. A

Post Follow up needed! Verizon just lied to the FCC!

The ADB hack I originally published on the Pixel XL forum does not work with Android Pie. It was spotlighted on XDA and then, Verizon closed that hole. My response to the FCC after they wanted to close the case: Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  10. A

Thread Follow up needed! Verizon just lied to the FCC!

If you have a Verizon purchased phone and cannot use WiFi Preferred, you should read the rest of this post: In late September, I made a complaint to the FCC about Verizon blocking WiFi Preferred on all phones. Those which were purchased from Google and also Verizon. Fast forward to the...
  11. A

Verizon was supposed to get the rebuttal to the FCC last week, I still have yet to hear from the FCC. This could be great news. Verizon has no reason other than 'it's a corporate policy' to block WiFi Preferred calling. I'm not sure how the fcc will take that but it sounds like a big f-u to...
  12. A

With all hope, the FCC will solve this issue. It's a built in function of the phone that they have no right to be blocking, just so you'll buy one if their other bloated phones. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  13. A

New update: Verizon told me that 'it's just the way it is' I complained back to the FCC regarding this and now they just let me know that Verizon must give a supplement for their horrible response in 14 days from today. Just got this from the FCC about 5 minutes ago. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL...
  14. A

Post Pixel XL - USB diag mode

I'm waiting for an fcc complaint order to do exactly this... I want attorneys to tell how the fcc guidelines and 'laws' have not done for Fourth.. we really need an atty Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  15. A

The FCC did decide to elevate this to Verizon Wireless. Couldn't believe it and how fast Verizon got back in touch with me. Waiting on a Sr. Tech to tell me what's next. This is pretty much BS, so I would hope that I can get them to do something!