Recent content by adwinp

1. adwinp

Post Question RM6/6Pro Unbrick Tool - EDL Flash / Switch from CN to EU

Since we have the partition layout & the correct firehose, it should actually be a good practice by anyone wanting to play with their phone (BL unlock, root, dev, etc) to first dump the critical partitions. That way, you can always restore. Example: EFS, misc, persist, etc.
  2. adwinp

Post How To Guide Red Magic 6 / Pro Root-FP fix

Yes. In summary, the steps are as follows: 1: unlock bootloader 2: flash magisk patched/rooted boot.img 3: flash unprotected vbmeta (in the zip) 4: relock bootloader @alibroproshrow I would recommend adjusting the process: 1: flashing the vbmeta; the command should read: fastboot...
  3. adwinp

Thread Question [KERNEL] Source Released.

We're in business; the kernel sources got released today. https://github.com/ztemt/NX669J-kernel They should be accompanied by other opensource bits shortly.
  4. adwinp

Post How To Guide Root achieved! Here's how to root the Red Magic 6 and Red Magic 6 Pro

fastboot -w This should erase cache & format userdata. I assume you didn't change anything in any other partitions, as this would trigger AVB.
  5. adwinp

Post Question Unbrick tool for the 6/6 Pro yet?

@JerryYin Would you be at a liberty of sharing whether/when an unbrick tool for the RM6/PRO would be shared with the XDA community?
  6. adwinp

Post How To Guide Root achieved! Here's how to root the Red Magic 6 and Red Magic 6 Pro

Any person tampering with his/her device outside of the intended operating parameters should be aware of the risks. That person shouldn't be executing these activities if they don't even know what rooting is/means. Moreover, there's a disclaimer in the OP of this thread, & you get another...
  7. adwinp

Thank you for taking the time to test again! The silver lining for us being the ability to restore FP by restoring stock. If you ever feel the need, you can probably restore stock from a GSI by dumping the system.img partition with a payload dumper then flash it again via fastboot. Or dump the...
  8. adwinp

That's great news, thanks for taking the effort in sharing the screenrecording! I do have 1 request - can you please flash the latest PHH GSI & report if you're able to boot; if this is the case, whether the fingerprint works as well? Once you download the image, you can flash it via fastboot...
  9. adwinp

Which version of the firmware did you execute this action? Most users in the past confirmed the fingerprint scanner would stop working after unlocking the BL, which would mean that this behaviour got changed in a recent update.
  10. adwinp

Post [ROM][Signature Spoofing]LineageOS 18.1 for Note10+ 5G/Note10+/Note10 Exynos

Based on my flashing protocol: 1: flash latest stock ROM/full factory reset 2: flash twrp 3: flash this Lineage build 4: flash NikGapps 5: modify /vendor/etc/fstab.exynos9825 to enable encryption 6: reflash stock recovery 7: reboot There should not be any root detected, yet the company app does...
  11. adwinp

Post [ROM][Signature Spoofing]LineageOS 18.1 for Note10+ 5G/Note10+/Note10 Exynos

@Ivan_Meler Any chance you'd consider making a non-rooted version? My company apps are detecting root & are preventing me from enrolling to our mobile computing platform.
  12. adwinp

You can fix it on your own: copy over /vendor/etc/fstab.exynos9825 from a stock Android11 ROM & copy over the contents to the one flashed by lineage (mount the vendor partition in twrp). It's working for me.
  13. adwinp

Post General Interested in this beast whose buying.

I suggest using Shelter or the opensource variant - Insular. It should either be on fdroid or izzysoft.
  14. adwinp

Post Question Unbrick tool for the 6/6 Pro yet?

For sure you will need the partition table, rawprogram, & a firehose for the SD888; I'd be surprised if the one for the RM5 would work on the RM6.