• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by aidaho

1. A

Post Xperia refurbishers/"counterfeiters": have they solved the DRM key problem?

I think unlocked phones are *very* uncommon. I've unlocked mine before DRM key backup solution was available. Not really missing those keys TBH.
  2. A

Post [ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

GPS does seem to be a hardware issue. In a last year or so my running tracks are not great at all and in cloudy/rainy weather the accuracy is either atrocious or there is no reception at all. When running GPS for hours it can sometimes lock up and lose all the satellites. Going in and out of...
  3. A

Could be. I've waited several minutes and tried attaching `adb logcat` to see if I'm looping or not, but that wasn't successful, so I've just rebooted. UPD: yep, it was a loop caused by EdXposed Magisk module. Switching to LSPosed allowed me to continue to enjoy the bunch of good old hacks.
  4. A

I've dirty updated over latest 17.1 from modpunk. On the first boot phone seemed to have gone into a bootloop even though I've wiped cache/dalvik. Second boot went fine. No obvious problems encountered. The video recording still doesn't work for me, but I guess my camera hardware is just...
  5. A

Post I just obtained this phone and I'm already angry as **** [idiotic rant]

I've bound KEYCODE_FOCUS on sleep/wake up with Xposed Edge and it does exactly what you want. If you don't need the sleep part, there is a "Screen Peek" in settings.
  6. A

I'm trying to compile tun.ko module using https://github.com/whatawurst/android_kernel_sony_msm8998 source. I've tried grabbing /proc/config.gz and changing CONFIG_TUN=m, but it wont compile: ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu- CROSS_COMPILE_ARM32=aarch64-linux-gnu- make -j4 modules...
  7. A

Post [ROM] LineageOS 15.1 UNOFFICIAL - BETA8 (2018-10-22)

What would be the simplest way to have a tun/tap on this ROM? Perhaps someone build the full kernel tree before and has a tun.ko to share for Linux xz1c 4.4.156-cryptomilk+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 17 10:28:26 CEST 2018 armv8l GNU/Linux ?
  8. A

Post [ROM] LineageOS 15.1 UNOFFICIAL - BETA8 (2018-10-22)

Hi. I've installed beta7 and have a problem with very low microphone levels. At first it seemed the mic is broken, but the sound is there, albeit very quiet. This is true for any sound recording application. Both microphones are not obstructed. I've tried a magisk module called "Android Mic...
  9. A

Post [RECOVERY] TWRP 3.3.1-0 (lilac) [UPDATE: 2019-09-16]

It turns out, "I was holding it wrong" © Had to press VolumeUP, not Down.
  10. A

Post [RECOVERY] TWRP 3.3.1-0 (lilac) [UPDATE: 2019-09-16]

Hi. I'm trying to install Lineage OS on brand new, out-of-the-box XZ1 Compact. Per guide, as pre-requisite, I should install TWRP first. However, I'm unable to. [email protected]:~/Downloads/android/twrp$ fastboot oem unlock <some-very-secret-code-from-sony> ... FAILED (remote: Bootloader...