Recent content by AlaskaLinuxUser

1. AlaskaLinuxUser

Post [ROM][7.1.2] AOKP Nougat with built in side bar! [tbltetmo][tbltecan]

Yes aokp is based off of lineageos, which is based on aosp. If you install this then don't install google apps and your phone will be free of google and Samsung apps.
  2. AlaskaLinuxUser

Post [ROM][discovery][11] AOSP [Sony Open Devices Project]

If you do find an issue with the ROM, you can post that issue here if you would like. However, the best thing to do is post it on SODP's bug tracker, so that they can fix it. https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker
  3. AlaskaLinuxUser

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! **** WARNING: I built this ROM from SODP source, and I am using it as a daily driver. However, I don't use GAPPS, so I don't know if they work. I also will not be updating or maintaining this ROM. I am posting it here because I believe in...
  4. AlaskaLinuxUser

Thread [ROM][discovery][11] AOSP [Sony Open Devices Project]

Does miracast work? I know that google took that feature out, but i hope its still in this rom enabled. In other roms (lineage) if i try to miracast, it can find the receiver, but when i try to actually connect to it, it stucks on a soft reboot. Can someone test this out for me? (ps, you can...
  5. AlaskaLinuxUser

To God be the glory, a working AOSP ROM for those on both the 50.1 and the 50.2 firmware, now based on Android 11! This is a fully functional ROM, but there may still be a few bugs here and there, please read this entire post before using! **** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own...
  6. AlaskaLinuxUser

Post [ROM][discovery][10.0] AOSP [Sony Open Devices Project]

Max, I understand your problem. I do not use Gapps myself, and I do not know the solution. It was working for other users, as you can see from their posts. I do not know why it does not work for you. I am sorry, I cannot help you because I don't know how.
  7. AlaskaLinuxUser

Post [Guide][Video Tutorial] How to build Custom ROMs and Kernels![10,P,O,N,M,L]

Glad they are useful, I recommend you go here: <br /> RomDevelopment<br /> https://t.me/alaskalinuxuser_romdevelopment<br /> <br /> Sent from my Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra with Android 10
  8. AlaskaLinuxUser

Post [ROM][discovery][10.0] AOSP [Sony Open Devices Project]

1 twrp, or you can wipe the user data from fastboot. 2 yes, fastboot 3 yes, reboot all the way into system. 4 then go back to twrp and flash gapps. Sent from my Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra with Android 10
  9. AlaskaLinuxUser

Post [RECOVERY] Nabi bigtab hd 20"

Glad it worked out! [emoji3] Sent from my Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra with Android 10
  10. AlaskaLinuxUser

Post [Guide][Video Tutorial] How to build Custom ROMs and Kernels![10,P,O,N,M,L]

RomDevelopment https://t.me/alaskalinuxuser_romdevelopment Sent from my Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra with Android 10
  11. AlaskaLinuxUser

Post [RECOVERY] Nabi bigtab hd 20"

I used Ubuntu 18.04, and installed adb and fastboot from the Ubuntu repository. I did not need any drivers, as Ubuntu Linux was able to talk to fastboot right out of the box. Literally, the above steps was all I did. Not bashing Windows, but Android runs a Linux kernel, and most Linux...