Recent content by alice90

1. A

Post [Q] USB toggle for Galaxy Player 4.2

Well, in my case it just works OK with Arch Linux and also Ubuntu.
  2. A

Post [Q] USB toggle for Galaxy Player 4.2

Go to Settings -> Wireless and network -> USB settings Choose Mass storange Now connect to your computer using your cable. After few seconds there will be a button on the screen, press it, now your computer should see the device's internal (and external, if exists) sd card as a normal usb flash...
  3. A

Post [ROM][STOCK] Samsung Galaxy S 4.2 WIFI YP-GI1CW ->CODE GI1XXLF1

Thanx, but the download doesn't work (at least for met). Can you please upload to www.depositfiles.com or www.mediafire.com ?
  4. A

Post [Q] Galaxy Player 4.2 (YP-GI1) - Rooting and ROMs

The recovery partition is empty. The recovery binary is located in the kernel partition.
  5. A

Post [ROM][STOCK+ROOT+KERNEL] Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 International (YP-GI1CW/XEF)

And what's selected in Settings -> Wireless.. -> USB.. ? Is it Mass Storage? If, yes, then what shows up on your device when you plug in the USB cable?
  6. A

Post [ROM][STOCK+ROOT+KERNEL] Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 International (YP-GI1CW/XEF)

Go to Settings > Applications > Development and turn off the USB Debugging.
  7. A

Post [ROOT] [STOCK ROM, KERNEL] [ROOTED ROM] Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 NA(US) YP-GI1CB/XAA

Find the SuperSU app in the menu (it should be there if you flashed successfully) and open it, it will ask a question about replacing the su, confirm it. Then try to install something that requires root and check whether it works.
  8. A

Post The Samsung Galaxy Players/S Wifi (All Variants) All-In-One Thread [25.06.2014]

Can you please update the Title of the thread to include those new devices too?
  9. A

Post [ROOT] [STOCK ROM, KERNEL] [ROOTED ROM] Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 NA(US) YP-GI1CB/XAA

The second post (problems and solutions) has updated. Users who have experienced the wifi problem after rooting, can you please write here you full device code (e.g. mine is YP-GI1CB/XAA) so we can know whether the problem is the existence of slightly different versions of the same device. To...
  10. A

mmcblk0p5 is the kernel partition. It is available here. Looking at the pit, I think the recovery partition is the mmcblk0p6. I will upload it. ---- Added 1: Well, I dumped it, but it is empty (filled with 0xFF bytes). Strange. ---- Added 2: init.rc wants to flash the recovery image, but...
  11. A

I've just created a separate thread for that.
  12. A

Thread Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 - Safe-to-Freeze Apps

I've cleaned up a little bit my Player after obtaining root privileges, this thread will help you if you want to do the same. So, below is the list of the stock apps of my Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 that I've freezed using Gemini App Manager (see attached apk, it is a free app). Disabling those...
  13. A

Post (requests) From the Users to the Mods & Admins

Hello Admins and Mods, I would like to suggest to limit the height of the signatures. I don't want to point my finger, but threre are plenty of users with, well, 400px height signatures, which takes the whole vertical place on my netbook's screen, they look especially bad when the post itself is...
  14. A

Post [Q] Galaxy Player 3.6

You should access a terminal session either by installing some terminal emulator (I don't use Google Play, can't say which one from there, but you can install Terminal Emulator from the F-Droid repository (Turn on Unknown sources in the Settings to be able to install apks not from the Google...
  15. A

Post [Q] Bootloader, boot ROM, and the processor

I don't know how to do that. Is it safe?