Recent content by alteredlikeness

1. alteredlikeness

Post [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 11.0 - edison

Wow! Sweet! And nice job!:good: I was very surprised to receive a mention notification today. Glad my long-forgotten past work could be of assistance in building this. Long live Edison!
  2. alteredlikeness

Post [GUIDE][COMPLETE] Android ROM Development From Source To End

Can someone offer some advice on this build error? creating userdata.img... Running: mkf2fsuserimg.sh /tmp/tmpAMOX82 14273216512 Traceback (most recent call last): File "./build/tools/releasetools/add_img_to_target_files", line 355, in <module> main(sys.argv[1:]) File...
  3. alteredlikeness

Post Enabling LG Smartworld Themes on Verizon

The reason you can't see it in Smartworld is because Verizon doesn't support the LG Home & app drawer, according to LG. And can't pull the apk from /data without root. Sorry.
  4. alteredlikeness

Post Why is there barely any custom ROMs?

I would gladly contribute. Unfortunately, I'm on vzw.
  5. alteredlikeness

Post [ROM][4.4.4][CDMA/GSM] ParanoidAndroid

Oh. In that case, sorry, but no more omap4 builds from me. And I'm not sure about that bug, it was probably some old commit missing in the aospa source for legacy devices that cm had reimplemented.
  6. alteredlikeness

The last builds are still up on AFH. But, as I recall they have a bug where you can't install certain apps (those with lib files included).
  7. alteredlikeness

Post More Live lock walpapers??

Tried. It doesn't install - even with updating the versionInfo. I've been out of the modding scene for a while now, so maybe I'm missing something. Edit: from log: "...signatures do not match the previously installed version" Edit2: well, I guess we are out of luck without root. There is a...
  8. alteredlikeness

Post More Live lock walpapers??

I pulled out the existing Kaleidoscope and Cat live wallpapers and decompiled - it's just a short mp4 video clip. I created a new apk as a test but I have no idea how to get the wallpaper picker to recognize it without root pushing to system and/or editing the lockscreen settings. Anyone have...
  9. alteredlikeness

Post [ROM][4.4.4] ParanoidAndroid

If you ask me, the locked bl made it more challenging and exciting. Plus, dev work stopped because we couldn't get Safestrap working properly, which was needed in order to get 5.0+ roms, and everyone moved on. We had a good run. Rest in peace, dear Edison.
  10. alteredlikeness

Post 360 cam promo

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/g5/promo/carrier-selector
  11. alteredlikeness

Post So who got the new update...?

So, has anyone found the 4.28.502.1 stock recovery image yet? I am in need of it also..
  12. alteredlikeness

Post [ROM][4.4.4] ParanoidAndroid

Sounds good to me. Safer route might be flashing the proper system.img only.
  13. alteredlikeness

Post [GUIDE][AOSPA:v3.+] How to Compile AOSPA from Source : + Support and Maintenance

Copied from G+ for visibility: Looking for some assistance with my AOSPA-L builds for spyder/umts_spyder. I can't install or update _certain_ apps from Play Store, error -506: INSTALL_FAILED_CONTAINER_ERROR: Failed to extract native libraries I know I need this commit, otherwise I can't...
  14. alteredlikeness

Post [RECOVERY][manta] TWRP 3.1.1-0 touch recovery [2017-05-19]

Use aosp or cm device tree, and update for twrp. https://android.googlesource.com/device/samsung/manta/+/lollipop-mr1-release https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_manta/tree/cm-12.1
  15. alteredlikeness

I've rebuilt like 4 or 5 times trying different things to fix that -506 install error... But no luck so far. I know we need this commit (included in the current builds), otherwise we get another play store error and can't install anything at all...