Recent content by [email protected]

1. A

Post [ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

Anyone else noticed a remarkable increase in battery life on 18.1? I havn't charged my for four days and it still shows 45%.
  2. A

Post [APP] microG GmsCore - lightweight free software clone of Google Play Services

Since Android 6, a location provider has to be a priviledged app and thus, its apk has be be pushed to /system/priv-app. For any priveledged app on the other hand, any permission it requests has to be well defined in a xml file within /etc/permissions. Otherwise, the OS will stay in a boot loop...
  3. A

Prefering OpenCamera over Stock over Snap. Feel free to remove it.
  4. A

Create a new folder on your sd card via adb adb shell mkdir /storage/<sdcard>/test and give access permissions of that folder to anyone adb shell chmod 777 /storage/<sdcard>/test Then, on you phone, try to write into that folder.
  5. A

I don't kow about you guys but I prefer Lineage OS just because there is no Google stuff on it. I don't see the point in getting an Open Source operating system and then flushing it with closed source surveillance software. Since I use Open Source apps, only, I have no need of spoofing.
  6. A

Chromium / Saving downloads Using any browser like Bromite / Chromium, I cannot save files to internal storage, e.g. /storage/emulated/0/Downloads. Message in the save as dialogue says: No sdcard found. Although, in the same window, I can select the actual sdcard in /storage/XXXX-XXXX/Download...
  7. A

On Network Location / UnifiedNlp Got a working Network Location via UnifiedNlp by following these steps again on 17.1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1-compact/development/rom-lineageos-16-0-unofficial-todo-t3925675/post81427023#post81427023 Since Mozilla Nlp backend has issues, I...
  8. A

This is actually a IchnaeaNlpBackend situation, which means, just the Mozilla nlp should have issues. Try the updated build here https://github.com/microg/IchnaeaNlpBackend/issues/50
  9. A

Post [ROM] LineageOS 16.0 UNOFFICIAL - 1.2 [2020-02-11]

Sorry, I don't see any missing steps. Have a look at your device's logcat via ADB. You'll see the log rotating again and again. Stop it with Ctrl-C and look for error messages. Edit: First hint Look for messages like PackageManager: Privileged permission android.permission.<PNAME> for...
  10. A

Instead of UnifiedNlp I used microG Service Core, which latest build is quite newer than the lastest build of UnifiedNlp. I also removed UnifiedNlp. microG Service Core seems to bring it's own build of UnifiedNlp, although I cannot see the latter as a separate package. I did not test signature...
  11. A

At the beginning, I did. Play Service queried my coarse and fine location 4600 times within 90 minutes. Now I don't have Gapps installed anymore.
  12. A

That doesn't seem normal. Over night my devices discharges by less than 5% when not in flight mode. Look for suspicious processes via top: $ adb root $ adb shell top
  13. A

Nothing else to do. But updating the firmware is mandatory.
  14. A

On network location Now after a week of testing, I am sure to say that my network location issues are gone since switching to microG and it's build of UnifiedNlp. Thereby, I get a network location fix instantly and as soon as I enabled the location switch. Here's what I currently use: *...
  15. A

Using LineageOS 16 1.0, I installed microG Services Core by copying the package to /system/priv-app/microg, added privapp-permissions-microg.xml (see previous post) and then, by accident, wiped my /data partition, so I had to set it up again. Annoying at first, but - location behaviour has...