Recent content by andy_pp

1. A

Post [5.0.x] [SM-T520] CyanogenMod 12.0 Nightlies for the Tab Pro 10.1 Wifi (picassowifi)

It was interesting looking at all the NMEA messages, even though there were no traces of satellites in them. Then in the car today, it picked up a satellite! Now it can get a 3D fix. All seems to be well again. Thanks everyone.
  2. A

Post [5.0.x] [SM-T520] CyanogenMod 12.0 Nightlies for the Tab Pro 10.1 Wifi (picassowifi)

I've tried both those, but still no luck. Thanks for ideas though. GPS Status has an option to copy NMEA messages to logcat, and when I use that I can see GPxxx messages being received, but it still gets no satellites. I guess I should try to read them, they might tell me what the gps receiver...
  3. A

Is GPS working on this rom for everyone else now? I've flashed nightlies from 0321 to 0402 and I don't think I've ever had the gps working, although everything else is fine. It was working on the kitkat rom I came from, so the hardware is ok. I've tried all the suggestions in this thread...
  4. A

Post [ROM] [24JUL] [AOKP] IceColdJelly422 - 3.8 - JellyBean 4.2.2_r1.2

I flashed 2.6 last night, then spent ages looking in rom control UI, language and input, accessibility even, and couldn't find it anywhere! Can we add this to the faq please? It's good to be back...
  5. A

Best stable build (currently 2.1) is available on the first page.
  6. A

Eh? I wasn't being sarcastic, I really do think it's useful that several people are building from source and putting up test builds for people to try. I'm sorry if you read it differently, that wasn't my intention. Every test build can only be as good as the source has got to at that stage, if...
  7. A

Isn't that the same as we've been talking about, complete loss of network, then heavy battery use as it presumably tries to look for something? Been happening to me all week.
  8. A

That's really useful, thanks. I've been using the ones done automatically by emanolas and dropped here, they're also clean builds from source so it shouldn't matter which ones people pick to test.
  9. A

I had already selected manual network, I thought that might have been causing it (unless it's been turning itself off on a reboot or something).
  10. A

I've had that a few times recently this week - the phone can't find a network, uses 10% battery per hour, and gets quite hot. Rebooting has fixed it each time so far. I haven't reported it because I'm on a dirty flashed 2.1.14 test version with the 17b kernel, and it needs to be reset to a known...
  11. A

Post [KERNEL DISCONTINUED]n3okernel|v44[VC|DT2W|S2W|GPU_INTERFACE|HP-CONTROL|BAL|BATT|PWR]

If you allow overclocking to 1.7ghz, will there be thermal throttling to stop the tegra 3 chip melting? Or will we just have to trust to luck and hope it doesn't do any permanent damage?
  12. A

So system is formatted when you flash an ICJ rom? I was wondering if that was the case, because I'm sure I've seen advice to manually format the system partition in recovery before flashing. Must have been 'belt-and-braces' advice again. On previous roms I've played with (e.g. on the HD2) they...
  13. A

Nevertheless, when fast charge is on, the charging current from a PC is definitely higher than when it's off, and the system thinks its Charging (AC) not Charging (USB). File transfer rates over MTP aren't affected, I get 286mb in 25s in both cases. Even camcorder works fine for me on 2.1.14...
  14. A

I just flashed 2.1.14, all good so far. Turns out that fast charge can be on, battery shows Charging(AC), and it still shows as a portable device on my PC. Not that I'm complaining, mind, but I thought fast charge was supposed to disable PC access altogether?
  15. A

when flashing boot.img, the usual advice contains Surely we only need to erase the cache once? It won't do any harm to clear it twice, certainly, but has anyone actually seen any difference caused by only erasing it once? The cache isn't used until the kernel starts up again either, so I...