Recent content by ansonscleung

1. A

Thread Android P update for LM-V405VBW Hong Kong pushed

Finally the Android P update have been pushed to LG V40 ThinQ in Hong Kong. I received this around off-work time. Takes about 5-10 minutes to load homescreen after keying in password (to optimise apps I suppose) Enjoy!
  2. A

Post [TESTING] Flash Patched boot.img to achieve Systemless Root

Nope. SuperSU said "Root not available"
  3. A

Post [TESTING] Flash Patched boot.img to achieve Systemless Root

Tried on a retail Nokia 8 TA-1052 running 00WW_4_35J_SP01 Boot passed but unfortunately no root End up having to upgrade to 4390 using 4G Update: Can't install 4390 even when I download the update multiple times. Flashed 435J using OST and tried flashing the kernel again but still no root.
  4. A

Post [EXPERIMENTAL][AOSP][NRD90U] Unofficial Android 7.0 Nougat build

Replace these lines in updater-script: block_image_update("/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat") || abort("E1001: Failed to update system image."); to this...
  5. A

Post [GAPPS][DAILY] Open GApps for Android; All Android Versions & Devices

I'd recommend you first install the ROM without Gapps to check if it boots, then install Gapps and remove PackageInstaller. Please beware if your ROM don't have the AppOps patch, you'll boot straight into a SetupWizard force close and in that case, remove that using ADB OR recovery mode well.
  6. A

Post [GAPPS][DAILY] Open GApps for Android; All Android Versions & Devices

After reading that specific commit, I learnt that what MastahF did is to fix typo which prevented the installer from: Removing /system/priv-app/PackageInstaller The workaround is to remove it yourself and voila, my OnePlus One with CM13 boots!
  7. A

Post Encore Music, a new way to experience music

Great to see a new music app with a nice design but I have to say the Google Music plugin couldn't sync playlists so I have to refund it first. Also, I want to know whether a 'download'-like feature for Google Play Music is available to ease my burden on mobile data
  8. A

Post [ROM][BACON][CarbonROM][5.1.1][CM Based - Linaro 4.9][2015-12-12][UNOFFICIAL]

I have to report that the backup functions of dirty flash is not working. After I dug into the file responsible (backuptool.sh and .function), I discovered that the build name defined in /system/build.prop and that in the file mismatch and triggered an exit condition. I personally think that the...
  9. A

Post Is there any way of updating CM 12 Nightlies without breaking Xposed and V4A ?

In CyanogenMod and many of its derivatives, the addon.d function can persist system files for OTAs. What you need to do is simply add the script under /system/addon.d with appropriate permission. The script for Xposed Framework (Android 5.0 or above) can be found here There is also a script...
  10. A

Post [APP][4.4.x-5.x][PORT] MaxxAudio w/ 10 band EQ [DISCONTINUED]

I have took the original audio_effects.conf from the XNPH44S and patched the 05Q update using bspatch. The MaxxAudio finally works in my CM12 but the equalizer was still 5-band only... And here you go: (Don't forget to remove .txt from the end)
  11. A

Post [APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

Thanks for your effort to take V4A into Android Lollipop. May I put the link of files and post to V4A's official forum in Chinese? I'll give a credit and will not reupload the files there but only forward the download link to them.
  12. A

Post [Nexus5]Lollipop UPDATED OP August 7th!!! [Zip Package] Viper4android

Thanks for you help in bringing V4A into Android Lollipop. I've tested it on CM12 on OnePlus One and proved work. To spread the good news, may I translate it into Chinese and post on V4A's forum? I'll surely give a credit
  13. A

Post Successfully rooted without tripping knox!!!!

Take a look at post 18 of the thread? I was also using 3.4.0-636608 kernel before. Update the kernel to a newer version (of course before June 3rd, e.g. NC1) will make towelroot work. Perhaps the trick will work for WiFi version P900 too. Don't be worry because as long as your kernel is...
  14. A

Post I'm throwing a party and you should come **GS5 ROOT THREAD**

Look at my tutorial here, just need to update the kernel, hope it will work for you!
  15. A

Post Successfully rooted without tripping knox!!!!

For those who can't root for P905 (LTE version), I have found a solution. 1. Update the kernel to NC1 or newer through Download Mode (like this one at the bottom of OP) 2. Root with towelroot. This time if you see those wordings after pressing "Make it ra1n", it works! I have...