Recent content by apatal

1. apatal

Post [KERNEL] Stock Kernel + SafetyNet Patch | N4F26T

Subbed. I'll be waiting for the N4F26I build. I miss using Android Pay. :)
  2. apatal

Post [REFERENCE] [3.10.105] Stock kernel with upstream Linux patches - May 9th

I supposed because of the upstream patch, third kernel already has the Dirty Cow fix, correct? :)
  3. apatal

Thanks! I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure it out. :)
  4. apatal

Noted with thanks! Great! When I get the time and resources to build my own kernel, I'll come back here for some pointers. Btw, I saw a thread here about making your own ROM in the cloud. Is that something you can do as well for making a kernel?
  5. apatal

I'd like to respectfully make a request. Talking a look at your Flash kernel thread and I found the optimizations I was referring to in my post above, namely: Upstream Linux versions 3.10.74-3.10.103 Updated to the October security patch Patches for some CVEs Upstream patches from CAF and...
  6. apatal

Post [LIST][JOKE] How to know that you're rooted

Haha! I can't believe this thread is still alive. I created it when I was still very active here in XDA and it still is relevant in a lot of ways. Keep 'em coming, guys! ;)
  7. apatal

THIS. This is what I've been looking for ever since I bought and rooted my bullhead: an optimized stock kernel. I hope and pray that upstream patches are just the beginning, and later on, you'll have the time and inclination to add more optimizations. I don't care for other features. Just a...
  8. apatal

Post phh's SuperUser/ OpenSource SELinux-capable SuperUser

Hi OP, Just noticed the build bot hasn't came out with a boot image for the bullhead (Nexus 5x) for the NRD90S build. I can only see the folder for NRD90M. Am I missing something? Or does the 2 builds have share the same kernel? Does the latest build have the September security patches? Thanks!
  9. apatal

Sorry for OT, but is there a benefit to using AdAway? I just replaced my local host file with the one I downloaded from GitHub and that works well enough. ---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ---------- Before flashing, do this: (1) Extract zip file (2)...
  10. apatal

If you want a custom kernel with it, download one of the zip file (r197 worked for me), edit the config.txt if you want to disable encryption and/or dm-verity, then flash the zip after flashing the custom kernel. Hope this helps! ;)
  11. apatal

Just used the r197 zip file and it worked! Running FK now on my 5x while rooted with phh's superuser! Thanks OP!
  12. apatal

Has anyone tried r229 on stock NRD90M? I want to use it with a custom kernel as well.
  13. apatal

Question folks: what do I do if I want to run a custom kernel but still keep root using this method? Is there a way?
  14. apatal

Thanks! Looks like i derped my phone and had to do factory reset and flash the factory image. I successfully rooted it using the 'nocrypt' one, just in case i decide to decrypt it later. This is a promising alternative to SuperSU. I'll be sure to spread the word. Thanks!
  15. apatal

Hi guys, been looking around the interwebs for an alternative to SuperSU and this project looks promising. I can't seem to find a link for a downloadable boot.img I can use to root my phone though (Nexus 5x). Is there a repository of files I can go to try out this superuser method? Thanks...