• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by apocalypse_bg

1. apocalypse_bg

Post Huawei Share, Multi-screen colaboration on any PC- updated

Hi, thank you for the file and the guide. It's been really helpful. Do you have any tips on how to connect over Wi-Fi? My problem is that at certain point I have de-installed the Huawei Browser from my phone and now I can only download it via the App Gallery (where I get the screenshot that...
  2. apocalypse_bg

Post Is this 6000 mAh a good battery for 20x?

And how do you came to your conclusion?
  3. apocalypse_bg

Post General New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Well it's not 40 PIN ribbon cable (IDE uses the same, but the connector is missing one pin for alignment so an actual IDE cable won't work). They offer an 1 meter cable also.
  4. apocalypse_bg

Post General New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Yea, that's my concern also (and also the cable would need to pass relatively close to the existing radio navigation unit (and probably next to a speaker) . There seems to be an option though: 40 Pin Shielded cable I'll write them never the less and see if they reply. Otherwise I'll go back...
  5. apocalypse_bg

@techy101 or someone else, can you please confirm the nature of the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the main unit? It looks a lot like an regular IDE cable. Is that so? Due to the specifics of my car, I'm looking to get a unit, that I can install in addition to the factory system. The...
  6. apocalypse_bg

Post Zlink App

I think also it will be useful if there is someone who has WeChat to request the auth codes for Android auto...
  7. apocalypse_bg

Post Zlink App

He's wrong and there is no way. Android Auto wirelessly will be available with Android 11 (for your phone) and will require 5 GHz WiFi (which means Zlink will probably need to come up with new hardware that can impersonate a real supported head unit ) If you have the Android Auto option enabled...
  8. apocalypse_bg

Post Tesla Style Headunits

Thanks, I'll try. Regarding your reverse engineering, I'm new to the Unit, I've done android application development as an amateur. So my experience is very limited. Regarding: 08-15 13:11:26.239 1167 1433 I ProcessCMD: : 0x72 0x12 0x78 08-15 13:11:26.242 1167 1433 I ProcessCMD: : 0x79...
  9. apocalypse_bg

Those ones I've tried and they don't work.... I'll try car launcher pro, I've tried another Activity Launcher to get past the lock screen, however i guess the necessary activity is not being started.
  10. apocalypse_bg

Hello All, after long deliberations I've finally made the jump to one of those units and to be honest so far it's been a great disappointment, as mainly the sound and bluetooth are utter crap. I'm still considering whether not to return the unit or try to look for a partial refund (30 days...
  11. apocalypse_bg

Post [ROM][Android 7.1.2][N8000/N801x][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1

fingers crossed, I'd really would love to have the GPS fixed!
  12. apocalypse_bg

Post Huawei Mate 20 X can running Samsung Notes Apk??

I guess the sudden interest in that comes from the recent addition of handwriting recognition to the Notes app. There are alternatives, that you can use with Mate 20 X, if that's your cup of tea....
  13. apocalypse_bg

Post Linux on DeX abandoned. I'm out.

Sure it was beta and all. **** move not to roll out one app release with 2 strings so that the LoD app can run on the Note 10/10+ (which have higher RAM configs available that the S10 line - good luck finding a 12GB version of the S10+). There's no alternatives to LoD. UserLAnd comes close, but...
  14. apocalypse_bg

I'm not familiar in depth with the Samsung Notes App, but for the core functionality you'd need the S-Pen APIs to be available on the phone, which is only possible on Samsung Phones/Tablets with S-Pen. I'm not sure if the notes app functions on touchscreen phones only (i.e. S10, S9 and so on)...
  15. apocalypse_bg

If you want to run the Samsung software, you need a Samsung phone... that's the name of the game....