• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by Appreciative

1. A

Post Fully working TWRP with OOS10/OOS11 decryption working!

Excellent work guys. Now with this, I should be able to do that idea from the other thread I made? Is there a way to get this twrp without losing anything, make a nandroid backup of current position, then go for the android 10 install and block updates? Hopefully my procrastinating paid off...
  2. A

Post Safe full backup - back to Android 10 help

To be honest, receiving the 8 Pro was disappointing. I had the pixel 2xl and it's the only thing I've returned in a decade. I got the 5T for half the price and couldn't believe how amazing that phone was. It's still alive and crack free. I put it through a lot. Getting the 8 Pro, I knew it was...
  3. A

My battery life is much worse also. I blame it on the constant/aggressive wifi changes. They did force the update. There was no further postponement available. It's not cool that we have to jump thru hoops to take an OTA but the full version upgrade ignores root woes and forces itself to...
  4. A

All credit to the authors and yadda yadda. There's another one floating around. In this one, I changed it to be /product/ but didn't have success. If you do have success on a11 with it, that'd be cool. I can find out if a reset will clear up these other issues I have or not
  5. A

I believe you. I don't think you sound like the robot techs either. Yes, it can be accomplished with a magisk module. Which I first tried to edit like the animation modules. When that was unsuccessful, I did it manually by creating/editing props. The tethering provision and dun props. I even...
  6. A

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. My main reason for rooting my phone is to have full speed tethering. If that worked, I would try a reset. Since it doesn't, it's a good excuse to go back to 10 on its own for me. No simple method for a full nandroid backup is going to slow me down. I...
  7. A

Thread Safe full backup - back to Android 10 help

Hi, I, like many others, got forced onto Android 11. I have a lot of problems with it. With or without root. The most annoying of which is the wifi aggressively dropping/changing. Bluetooth failures. Volume drops that don't return to normal, forcing a reboot to fix. Clock and background/screen...
  8. A

Post [GUIDE] ROOT OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren 5G (T-Mobile version HD1925)

If you end up going custom ROM, please share your route and experience. I am considering flashing one of the A10 roms. I know we don't have much to go with because of the TMobile no-global variant situation. Also, hopefully you are aware or read this in time if not, you/we should back up (y)our...
  9. A

Post [Magisk] Tethering Enabler

Does anyone have the fix of this module on Android 11? OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren. No longer works since forced upgrade to a11. Thanks for any leads
  10. A

Post [GUIDE] ROOT OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren 5G (T-Mobile version HD1925)

I wanted to say thanks for the magisk patched 11 but I'm also pissed. I never agreed to update to Android 11. I never wanted to. Since I was unable to take OTAs easily, I thought I'd be fine. I was wrong. It forced Android 11 install while I was doing something. Right away I knew I lost root...
  11. A

Post [HD1925] [OP7TPROTMO] reserve.img dumps OTA fixer.

Does this mean the 'best' way we have to do this now is to unroot in magisk, take the OTA, let it boot fully ... And then ... ? What's the preferred safe and quick method to get OTAs from this point? I don't like when they add hurdles to those of us who modify our phones in the guise of safety...
  12. A

Thank you for these. Flashing (not booting) stock 10.0.41 didn't help me out. I know I didn't flash twrp or do any weird partition changes. I dropped the reserve for 10.0.41 you posted into a 10.0.39.zip, along with the boot image. Got my reserve fixed and was able to take the OTA finally...
  13. A

I'm stuck again somehow. I'm on 10.0.41 I tried restore images magisk then take OTA, it says installation problem after download. I tried fastboot booting stock 10.0.41, take OTA, installation problem after download. I tried patching the stock 10.0.41 boot.img with magisk as you said, then...
  14. A

Thanks so much for walking me through that. Send btc/eth address for free coffees. Instead of relying on someone in this thread to post a rooted image to boot, how can I make those images myself to be self sufficient?
  15. A

I don't understand something still. I had 10.35 (or whatever) and couldn't do the magisk uninstall restore images. I had to flash the fix in here and all was fine. I thought it was explained that after I had it all set up right, I'd be able to do the fast magisk restore images method for...