• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by Arak-Nafein

1. A

Post [APP][ROOT] LMT Launcher v2.9

I understand your reasoning for doing this, but if you're going to break everyone's app, at least make sure they are able to download the latest version... App was working great for long time. Suddenly stops working due to built in forced expiration. Can't download new version. Stuck with...
  2. A

Thread Going from 4.4(Not 4.4.4) to 5.1

Hey guys. I haven't updated my phone since 4.4 (Not 4.4.4) because I've done all kinds of tweaks & added xposed & such. I've been really happy with my phone, so I purposely disabled OTA updates. Well, after all these years it's time for me to wipe & start over. I'd like to keep it official...
  3. A

Post [Project-Fi] Fi dialer codes to force carrier switching

Can anyone elaborate on this? I'd like to know how to view which network I'm currently on. (just to be curious)
  4. A

Post How To: Back Cover Swap. From Midnight Blue to Cloud White

Plastidip takes 7 days to fully cure. I dipped my motorcycle several months ago and it's still fine (My knees rub on one of the dipped areas). Plastidip will scuff easily, but it's pretty durable if applied correctly. (I recommend at least 6 heavy layers, 30-45 minutes between each layer...
  5. A

Post [Q] Wave to turn on display lollipop feature.

It never was a feature to begin with, it was a bug due to an overly sensitive proximity sensor that began when they released 4.4.4. (It did not exist in 4.2, or 4.4) The original intent was to detect when the phone is removed from your pocket or flipped over (when laying face down) Nowhere did...
  6. A

Post SlimPort adapters

I never said it COULDN'T do that. Just that it wasn't the intended usage, and it's much more of a hassle to setup. It was weeks/months before mirroring even showed up on ChromeCast.
  7. A

Post SlimPort adapters

Two different devices, with two different intended uses. Chromecast is a streaming device. It requires internet, and a "controller device". You can't run straight chromecast with just the 1 device. It gets URLs handed to it, then it does the streaming itself. (Sure, there have been various apps...
  8. A

Post CONFIRMED Official Lollipop 5.1 for Moto X 2013 [UPDATED 06-19-2015]

There is no wave to wake. I don't see them implementing it ever, because it wasn't a feature to begin with. It was an unintended bug. The real "wave to wake" on the 2014 Moto X is triggered by IR sensors on the face that the 2013 Moto X does not have. The reason wave to wake ever worked on the...
  9. A

Post quick charger 2.0

I believe the Moto X 2013 only supports Quick Charge 1.0, but 2.0 chargers are backwards compatible. (The phone will only take as much juice as it can) All this means is that it wont charge as fast as a 2.0, but it's still faster than regular charging.
  10. A

The hand wave gesture mentioned in the manual in your first link is for Talkback. That has nothing to do with the wave gesture people are talking about. (For active display) Notice in that youtube review in your second link he has 4.4.4. The wave to wake thing was introduced in 4.4.4, but not...
  11. A

Then that would lead me to believe it is a bug. It didn't do it in 4.2, and it doesn't do it on 4.4. So it was something introduced in 4.4.4. I'm looking at the release notes for 4.4.4 and it doesn't mention that feature anywhere. It's not a feature. It wasn't intended to work that way, it was...
  12. A

What version does this work on? I'm on 4.4 and it does not do this. Also, hitting the table is easier, because I don't have to be in arm's length to activate the screen.
  13. A

What is the "wave to wake" that everybody is complaining about being removed? My phone has never done that. Are you referring to the proximity sensor that detects taking the phone out of your pocket? If you cover the screen for a second and then remove your hand it'll wake up. That's not quite...
  14. A

So much whining and moaning. Geez, give it a break. We get it, you're upset because you can't have the latest update right gosh darn now. Boo hoo, get over it. It'll come when it comes. I don't really see what the big deal is? I'm not even planning on updating, I'm still on 4.4 (Not 4.4.4) and...