Recent content by arcadilius

1. A

Post Junsun V1 - TWRP, Root, Discussion and more. (AC8227L) (Android 8.1) (2GB + 32GB)

Sure... I believe I've used ADVANCED MODE and WRITE MEMORY tab in SPL for initial preloader write at address 0x0. From there, the device was detectable under the DOWNLOAD tab as well. In case when preloader on the device is correct, DOWNLOAD mode alone should be efficient.
  2. A

Post Junsun V1 - TWRP, Root, Discussion and more. (AC8227L) (Android 8.1) (2GB + 32GB)

Yes, that's correct. "Secret menu" solves some of problems but not all of them. Backlight is not working at all (and I'm assuming this should work out of the box). Screen is oriented correctly but touch surface is "negative" horizontally, x axis is flipped (on original firmware this should be...
  3. A

I have some progress... first of all I've found out that my Macbook Pro had issues with USB connection while running Windows in virtual machine, this happened after an update and went unnoticed for a while. Second of all - you were absolutely right about location of the test point on this board...
  4. A

Great work, this is fantastic! However this procedure will require a bit of study on my part as my experience with UART and MediaTek is very limited. At least I have a starting point, and few articles/posts to dig through. I'll get to it as soon as I can. Thanks you so much for your help.
  5. A

That's a good call, but I've already tried that. I've spent long hours now trying to revive it - I think it's time to let it go. I may not be aware but at this point the board may be broken completely. I truly appreciate your input mate. Thanks a lot and keep a good work!
  6. A

No, I have no response at all. No physical buttons as well. As described in some flashing posts, I need to press (short) Volume Button before the board is plugged to computer. Below pic is just an example found for different board...
  7. A

Thread Junsun v1 (X5D 1.1) board "test point" location

Gents! I have said board (I've seen identical in Josmile / Xonrich model) and I've managed to make a brick of it. Last thing to bring it back to life is, as read on this forum, to short it with "test point" while programming via SPF tool. Problem is, as many times it is mentioned, I haven't...
  8. A

Gents, you are doing impressive work here however I have different question. Maybe it's wrong place to ask but you look like you know your stuff, not to mention I've tried elsewhere without success. During playing with different softwares and making my own changes I've managed to brick my V1...
  9. A

Post [ROOT][FLASH][TWRP] Josmile / Xonrich MTK 8227L VW Head unit Android 10

Where is the "test point" on this board? Can't find it anywhere...