• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by Atifbaig786

1. A

Thread [ROM][OS][pre alpha]PostMarket OS.[Help Appreciated]

First Of all.THIS IS NOT A QUESTION OR A CALL FOR ACTUAL HELP.I have seen a few replacements for AOSP and Postmarket OS is one of them.Being in early stages it is very useful if being ported or compiled for Devices with stylus or phablet factor.I am Currently working on the OS after I read the...
  2. A

Post best choice under 330$

Cool.Go for it Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  3. A

Post Bought an android in India but it doesnt work well in Europe(?)

No.Buy a new Phone. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  4. A

Post best choice under 330$

Depending on your choice if you want to grind your mobile or not.If yes then look for older Samsung S-series or Note Series if touch and Display is a factor.And if you want the whole grind and a Power packed phone then the pocophone f1 seems to be the Best going against pixel 3 Sent from my...
  5. A

Post Proper documentation of AOSP Source Code and tutorials for modification

I am what you call a beginner of what you had just said.First there isn't a "tutorial" of or for what you said The commits and changes are the tutorials.You can easily change the stuff you want using a theme engine and modifying the system settings apk to add options.And also the best ide is...
  6. A

Post Pubg mobile

Hahahaha Your device isn't powerful enough to handle the game.So,Consider another device.It's mainly because of the cpu.The cpu can't process the threads fast enough for the gpu to build it.And you have to build approx 800mbs of ram cache to play this game while the gpu picks up graphics and the...
  7. A

Post Android SMS permission (WhatsApp)

Well it had to be done.I mean if you once allow the app to read your messages than it can do whatever it wants without letting you know.Somewhere up the chain of Android Development took note of it and put an end to this. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  8. A

I just checked the changelog and this was done by introducin a new API called createAppSpecificSmsToken() in smsmanager class.This was done becuase by one-time enabling sms permission we were giving away our sms for lifetime.So this generates a token a one time shot that is called by String...
  9. A

Well google might've changes some APIs and merged the sms permission to somewhere more secure.Meaning application could access their desired criteria of sms containing specific phrases without accessing your whole sms without asking for permissions. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  10. A

This is strange but Not to be worried about.You can check the permissions (and disable them) in app info. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  11. A

Post Is There Any Way To Port/Emulate The Nintendo Switch's OS To A Mobile Device?

I just checked the specifications on the switch and it has a few chances of being able to run on Android considering it's a arm device.But the GPU is Nvidia which doesn't play along well with linux and it is tegra that is found in not many devices.But if you managed to somehow run it on android...
  12. A

Post Is There Any Way To Port/Emulate The Nintendo Switch's OS To A Mobile Device?

That is rookie stuff.The GPU gets complex and powerful and if you get to know about virtualization you will realize the GPU causes crazy **** if you try to containerize it i.e virtualize it.Apparently companies made sure that emulates weren't possible in the best way.It's been ages since ps3 is...
  13. A

I don't think so.The GPU is the problem.Android phones have weaker battery conservative ones while gaming consoles have beasts.The same reason why we can't emulate ps games on android.But in near future virtualization could be possible for anything. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  14. A

Post [help] with partition size of recovery to install twrp or cwm

Finally some good questions.Apparently the issue has occurred once before.Here it is https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D2158828&ved=2ahUKEwjcqNW_5obfAhW5SxUIHV_BCtEQFjAAegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw0dBosCfqEQVDxCp9ttawJo But a side note.This will Empty your device i.e wipe it clean off...
  15. A

Post looking for interested devs

Now that's more like it.I was afraid that android was finally going to commit close source(or suicicde).But since it's open source and I hear good things from you and 4 other guys who have experience in doing stuff I think,Hope and Pray that it might be a good change.Also thanks for using plain...