Recent content by banannerz

1. B

Post Development [Magisk-Module][01.09.21] PnP-Tuner for Zenfone 8

Yeah, turning off the prime core entirely in ultra durable mode would make a whole lotta sense.
  2. B

Post Question Accubattery capacity readings

This is what I've found too, that capping the battery charge at 80% makes accubattery think that the phone only has 80% of its health.
  3. B

Post Development [Magisk-Module][01.09.21] PnP-Tuner for Zenfone 8

Very interesting to hear this about the Advanced configurations, that they are all geared towards performance by default. Do you really feel that your configuration for ultra durable mode, even though it has higher clocks, will save more battery just by disabling the prime core?
  4. B

Post Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][sake][11] LineageOS 18.1

Magisk, as usual.
  5. B

Post Question [CLOSED]New to NetGuard - need some System Apps advice...

Is Netguard still necessary? When I go into an app's settings, click on network, I can turn off mobile data and wifi for any particular app. That's basically what netguard does, right? i.e. prevent an app from accessing the internet
  6. B

Post Question Rooting Zenfone 8

Worked perfectly, thanks :)
  7. B

So, I've ran into this issue on my last phone and it was a pain to figure out how to fix it. I just got my zenphone and ran into this issue as well. Switching from a USB C port to USB A port didn't help like it did with you. Fortunately, I had a pretty good idea of what to do this time. In case...
  8. B

Ah I see. I probably didn't see that before because I've only gone through the installation the initial time, so it was only showing me the first option. And so what exactly is the benefit to doing this? It keeps root access without having to flash the device again?
  9. B

Can you explain further on this? Are you saying to install the firmware to an unused slot? What exactly is an unused slot? I haven't seen anything like this in magisk.
  10. B

Post General Firmware Download Links

I just got my zenfone today and it updated itself to .83. For some reason this firmware can be found on the Bangladesh website https://www.asus.com/BD/supportonly/ZenFone%208%20(ZS590KS)/HelpDesk_BIOS/
  11. B

Post Question Any way that a Canadian can get their hands on a model from the USA

They don't ship internationally.
  12. B

Thread Question Any way that a Canadian can get their hands on a model from the USA

The price is a lot more favorable compared to the other options that are available to Canada right now. Only problem is that I can't find an American store that carries the Zenfone 8 and ships to Canada.
  13. B

Ah, thanks that did help. I didn't know the full firmware was available from the site.
  14. B

Good to hear it worked out. I was going to suggest installing a driver when in fastboot mode. How did you get the boot image btw? I've never tried for anything other than a Lineage OS device, for which all the files are easily accesible.
  15. B

Post Question How would you all rate the ergonomics of this phone?

Not the most relevant, but it's still valuable information. Thanks