• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by barryuk

1. B

Thread Qtek 9000 Changing language from Spanish to English

I have a Qtek 9000 purchased in Spain with Spanish ROM. I would like to change this to English. I downloaded a ROM update via Expansys site but it will not load as it reports I am using the incorrect language version. HTC tell me it is not possible. Any ideas please?
  2. B

Thread Qtek 9000 Spanish to English please

I have a Qtek 9000 which is in SPanish and I need to change to English. Where do I get a ROM update. The Q-tek site just says thjat it doesnt recognise my IMEI as a Brighton product - whatever that is! Many thanks
  3. B

Thread Wifi and Activesync problems

I have a K-Jam which linked perfectly to my home wifi system the first time I used it. I then synced to my PC using Activesync 4.1 (later 4.2) and the wifi link ceased. Exactly the same ting has happened with my XDA Executive and indeed a DEll Axim. There appears to be a conflict between Wifi...
  4. B

Thread Problems with Wifi

I am having trouble with Wifi when using my Qtek 9000 and other Windows Mobile devices. It links to my home Wifi perfectly until I synconise with Activesyn and then Wifi will not work at all. Exactly the same thing has happened with other Windows mobile units such as the K-Jam and Dell Axim...
  5. B

Post Unlocking XDA 11 - ANy news yet?

Sadly Dixons won't play ball and neither will o2! :-(
  6. B

Post Which Bluetooth headset works without problems with XDAII?

Jabra Bluetooth Jabra Bluetooth works superbly!! I am delighted with it!
  7. B

Post Unlocking XDA 11 - ANy news yet?

XDA2 Unlocking Thanks for this!. I also have tried 02 several times but have not been as lucky as others on the Forum - yes, they really are a confused bunch. As I am moving to Spain next week I need to unlock soon to hook up to Vodafone in Spain. WIll try Dixons - fingers crossed...!
  8. B

Thread Unlocking XDA 11 - ANy news yet?

Any news yet about locking XDA 11? Many thanks
  9. B

Post GPRS Roaming in Spain

Exactly the same with me when trying to use with Orange . No I have not received horrific bills from O2 either and I used it for days in Spain over the last threee months on GPRS - sounds a bit like a scare story to me!!
  10. B

Thread GPRS Roaming in Spain

Hi! I use an XDA with Orange SIM in the UK which used to roam on GPRS well, using Movistar, when I am in Spain. Since the new UK upgrade was added a couple of weeks ago in will no longer log on to GPRS in Spain but works fine in the UK. Anyone else had this problem, any ideas? Thanks.
  11. B

Post New XDA?

Rubbish! Who said anything about making it "pretty"! The XDA is a highly successful piece of kit and continue to evolve.
  12. B

Thread XDA Additional battery

Does anyone else have problems with screwing the additional battery to the back of the XDA? I find that finger tight is not tight enough and the grooves in the screws are not deep enough for a screwdriver. If a screwdriver is used it scratches them! Can those screw thibgs be replace with...
  13. B

Thread New XDA?

I gather that there is another version of the XDA coming in the autumn with an improved screen and built-in antenna that is rumoured to be tri-band. Anyone else heard this or got more information?
  14. B

Post xda in Spain

Can you please post the settings if you get them? I need this as well! Cheers
  15. B

Post UK Rom update

XDA Upgrade May not be too bad guys - got this from 02 on 278h March! "We are expecting the upgrade to be posted on the O2 Uk website within the next 1-2 weeks." We shall see...