Recent content by bbgarnett

1. B

Post [Help Thread][Oneplus 7] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Hello, I have a Oneplus 7 running 10.3.8.GM57AA Rooted with TWRP and Magisk. Anyways I tried looking but haven't seen anything. So is it possible to update to Android/OOS 11 without loosing root and or bricking the phone. I thought I read that it was being recommended to not update/grade yet as...
  2. B

Post Magisk General Support / Discussion

I was able to hide Magisk Manager and it allows Fetch rewards to work. Micheals still doesn't but that's the least of my worries. I'll keep looking into other things and see if I can figure anything else out.
  3. B

Post Magisk General Support / Discussion

Hello I have a couple apps that won't work and detect root right away. First the Micheal's app just pops up some error for like half a second and closes the app and I can't even see what the error is. Also my Fetch Rewards app which has been working was updated today and now detects root and...
  4. B

Post [KERNEL] [February 4] OnePlus 7 ElementalX 2.11 (Android 10)

Hello, thanks for all your work. I just downloaded EX Kernel manager and flashed latest ElementalX on my OnePlus 7 and will be giving this a try. Are there any recommended changes out of the box or just leave as is. My end goal is probably battery life more than anything else. Thanks again.
  5. B

Hello so I did that and went through it's thing and and my phone restarted and then it just loaded into TWRP and so I hit reboot to system and it booted back into my system but nothing changed all my apps were there and it didn't do anything. so not sure if I did something wrong or why it didn't...
  6. B

Hello I have a OnePlus 7 just the 7 not the pro or 7t. Anyways I have an unlocked bootloader and am rooted with TWRP and Magisk. I am on Android 10 Oxygen OS 10.3.3.GM57AA and was wondering can I factory reset from the settings or do I have to go through TWRP to do it? some of my Apps on my...
  7. B

yes no root or TWRP. So still a little confused are you saying I can just go to settings/system update and update from there or what do you mean I should download the full ROM? When I go to system update and it checks and finds an update it says OEM unlock detected System will begin downloading...
  8. B

Hello I have a One Plus 7 just a 7 not the pro or 7T. It's on Oxygen OS 10.3.0 and has an unlocked bootloader, it's not rooted nor does it have TWRP installed. So wondering if I can just update it normally through settings/system updates or do I have to do something else? Thanks
  9. B

Post [Help Thread][Moto E4] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly (2017)

Hello, I just recently got a new phone and I am going to be giving my 83-year-old Grandpa my Moto E4 Verizon PP unlocked that's working on ATT as he is on our ATT account. Anyways this will be his first ever smartphone and seems a little hesitant to switch but at the same time wants to. He...
  10. B

Post Can't Update AT&T via OTA

Hey, I dropped my device off with FedEx on Sunday and Motorola said they received it yesterday, anyways just wondering how long your turnaround time. I have my Moto E4 that I can use so it's not the worst if I have to wait. Hopefully, it won't be too long especially if they're just going to send...
  11. B

Hello, Just checked and it says my warranty expires Sep 2018. So hopefully it shouldn't cost. Now though if I do return it I am assuming they'll just want the device nothing else and will they send me back a new device as this device is new no scratches or nothing and don't want to get back a...
  12. B

OK well, I bought it on Swappa it was new (resale) so the box was opened but everything else wasn't and still had the plastic on it. So I contacted Motorola on their support forums and they said to just wait a little while and see if it'll update but too they also said they'd have someone take a...
  13. B

Hello, Just got my Z2 force (AT&T) and it too is on the June 2017 security patch and I can't seem to get it to update either as it just says no updates available. I have tried the things listed here but still, no go for me and not sure what to try next. I mean I am pretty sure I was following...
  14. B

Post Any regrets?

Thank you very much for your insights.
  15. B

Post Any regrets?

Thanks and yeah my Mom is using the Moto X from 2013 AKA the Original Moto X so it's like 4 years old and so the G5 Plus definitely seems like an upgrade. So do you think there will be a noticeable enough difference going from a OnePlus to the G5+. One plus has a quad core processor and 3GB...