• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by beartard

1. beartard

Post [Q] Force RAZR to Lapdock mode?

Which Android version is installed? The .211 ICS doesn't require any special adapters or docks to go into webtop mode. I got the cheapest thing for Gingerbread, the "travel adapter" that looks like a big usb/hdmi passthrough. Want one cheap? ;)
  2. beartard

Post Post your Moto Razr home screen

Simple, but effective. The hour/minute separator is the battery bar.
  3. beartard

Post [WIDGET][UCCW][THEME] UCCW - Ultimate custom clock - skins

Work in progress. This is a real clock i made for my house last summer. Looks good on the phone as well.
  4. beartard

Post Could anyone post the official ICS update.zip?

Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think OTAs are downloaded to the SD-card. I think they're put in /preinstall in the phone's internal memory.
  5. beartard

Post Could anyone post the official ICS update.zip?

I don't think so. You'd have to have root to put the file in the proper place in your filesystem. I don't think it would flash from the SD card without doing the rigmarole we've been doing anyway.
  6. beartard

Post RAZR Dock Differences?

Webtop is in your phone, not the dock. The docks play some tricks with USB pins so the phone knows which dock it's in and which mode to activate. People have used USB hubs to add devices to the RAZR, with or without a dock. The only caveat is that the hub must have its own power supply and...
  7. beartard

Post º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ webtop or another linux? °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

To answer the question, there are threads on this forum and others about installing Ubuntu and Gentoo Linux in place of the stock webtop environment on Gingerbread ROMs. Motorola/Verizon (US) are pushing out the Ice Cream Sandwich update within a week, by the looks of it. ICS (so far) hasn't...
  8. beartard

Post The 12th of June hath come!....And gone!

I rooted (first time on this phone) and flashed 209 last night. I couldn't care less about another rumor.
  9. beartard

Post The 12th of June hath come!....And gone!

Moto/Verizon haven't even announced a soak test for the ICS release yet (to my knowledge, and I was on the last one). As much as I'd love to be proven wrong, I don't see any OTA release in the next week, much less the next day.
  10. beartard

Post [CDMA][ICS][LEAKS] Current Motorola Unofficial ICS Leaks ~Latest 6.16.211~ 6/17/12

Silly questions I have to confess I've had Android phones since the G1, all rooted. The RAZR is the first Android phone I've had that I didn't really feel I needed to root. It's fast, has great storage capacity, and at least in November, it was relatively up-to-date. But I have ICS on all my...
  11. beartard

Post [Q] Video-Calling

I use Qik. Even though it's made by Skype, it's not nearly as buggy. It's what Sprint uses when they're doing product placement on TV shows like "Fringe."
  12. beartard

Post [Q] 651.167.26 version INSTEAD OF 651.167.20

Is this one of those deals where Motorola numbers updates according to what you're coming from rather than going to? In other words, if you're running v1.0 of something, in Motorola's world you'd flash an update file named "v1.0" to go to v1.1.
  13. beartard

Post RAZR bluetooth music issue

I think it's a problem with the Bluetooth stack in the RAZR. See if the update coming out soon fixes the problem.
  14. beartard

Post Google Music plays ringtones...

I think Google Music ignores the "blessed" folders where tones are normally kept (media>ringtones/alarms/notifications) but may pick up music stored in other folders under media. I have several tone folders under media that are picked up by GM, but the standard folders are ignored.
  15. beartard

Post Cellphone notification charm

Still, it's cool as hell to see. And you have good taste. ;)