Recent content by Bexton

1. Bexton

Post [WIP][2016.03.14] Android N Preview - v2.70 [CLOSED]

I had the exact same issue. Here's what solved it for me: NOTE: I'm using 3.0.0-0 here! adb reboot bootloader fastboot erase cache fastboot boot twrp-3.0.0-0-angler.img - When TWRP asks for a password, click "Cancel" - Swipe to "Allow modifications" - Go to "Advanced" > "Adb sideload" -...
  2. Bexton

EDIT: Solved Which version (of TWRP)? Booting into TWRP 3.0.0-1 (latest) doesn't seem to work for me with the latest build for angler!?
  3. Bexton

The angler OTA can be downloaded here: https://redirector.gvt1.com/packages/data/ota/google_angler_angler/bb7bee4da940fb83b5098e4e37603c2aa0f894f6.signed-signed-angler-NPC56W-from-NPC56P.zip
  4. Bexton

EDIT: Solved I'm not able to boot into TWRP after applying the latest OTA to my 6p (and when I reboot the system stock recovery gets installed again). Thus, I can not install RC-SuperSU-v2.70. Now, since I don't know what changed (between the P and W builds), I'm not sure whether its safe to...
  5. Bexton

Post [SCRIPT][1.6+][WHATSAPP][14/11/08] Disable sending read-receipts for WhatsApp msgs

Just fyi: Now its official.. The most recent release version - 2.11.486 - ships with an option to disable "read receipts".
  6. Bexton

Post [SCRIPT][1.6+][WHATSAPP][14/11/08] Disable sending read-receipts for WhatsApp msgs

Hm, maybe I was wrong and it will not become obsolete. Maybe I will still build an app for it. Why? I found more news on the matter, that pointed out a major difference to me. The same person who confirmed the additon of the on/off toggle for the read receipts, Ihlan Pektas, actually blogged...
  7. Bexton

This is why I waited before investing more time into it, hehe. So, time to relax for everyone. Here is news: Original tweet: https://twitter.com/0xmaciln/status/530294585072025600 Via: http://www.myce.com/news/whatsapp-will-soon-add-option-to-disable-privacy-sensitive-blue-check-marks-73438/...
  8. Bexton

Some editors use a similar internal workflow as GNU's sed in -i mode and without the c switch. Resulting in "corrupted" files (in the sense of ownership & contex).. Could you hook up via email? I'm working on an app as well and currently considering the possibilities. Maybe it's worth sharing...
  9. Bexton

I guess that'd be possible too. Just that I never looked into it yet. ;)
  10. Bexton

Yeah, recognized already that I completely forgot to mention that at all (to run the script as root). :rolleyes: I updated the inline instructions accordingly. Sheesh. Okay, I think I got what's wrong here. As far as I understood, you didn't even got to the point where the file...
  11. Bexton

As a quick fix, this should work for you: 1.) Add the following line above the line with the sed command: mount -o rw,remount /data 2.) Change the last line of the script to the following (if it still compains replace the user id value in the command with that from the error message. and if it...
  12. Bexton

That's kind of odd, since the script explictly restarts the Whatsapp package *after* applying the changes to the prefs xml. Which then, in turn, should result in no result at all (assuming a restart rewrites the xml), right!? But it does work. Now, the first question would be how you define...
  13. Bexton

Thread [SCRIPT][1.6+][WHATSAPP][14/11/08] Disable sending read-receipts for WhatsApp msgs

Shell script to disable read receipts for all your incoming Whatsapp messages Even "better": Others won't see whether you've already read their message(s) or not. However, you will still be able to see the read receipts of others! :p...
  14. Bexton

Post [APP][4.0+][ROOT] SCR Screen Recorder

TEST: Nexus 5: Stock LPX13D: PASSED Wow, that was quicker than I thought. ;) Thanks for the update, I was able now to simply install it from the play store. I did a quick test on my stock Nexus 5 LPX13D build with the following settings (only listed those where I changed the Nexus 5...
  15. Bexton

Post [APP][4.0+][ROOT] SCR Screen Recorder

I see, thanks! From your experience in the past, any idea how long an update will take after final 5.0 code drop? Btw, just in case you haven't seen it yet, the 5.0 code was dropped here (though not tagged as 5.0_rc1, this branch should be almost final)...