Recent content by bftb0

1. B

Post [REF][ROM]Recovery Flashable Stock SM-N900V ROMs

These are meant to be used with TWRP. I suppose it is possible that Flashify could work, but I have never tested such a thing. So the usual disclaimer that you are completely on your own to try it. Along the same lines, the phone that I booted/tested all these on had (and still has) the NC4...
  2. B

Post [Official] Note 3 Verizon Bootloader Unlock

ce_lloyd See this thread. You are not going to like it. Since those posts, PL1 was released. It did not increment the RP SWREV flags (meaning that while you can roll back "a little bit", you cannot roll back prior to NK1 if you are on NK1/OB6/OF1/PL1). Your only customization option is going...
  3. B

Post Root PL1?

Not afaik. If you want rooted stock(-ish) PL1 though, a workaround is to: A) roll back to OF1 stock (w/Odin), B) root w/ one of the Yemen tools* C) unlock the bootloader again (CID is already changed on a previously unlocked phone but the Odin stock flash in step (A) re-locks the bootloader)...
  4. B

Post Root n900v 5.0 of1 one click

Go and get any of the OB6/OF1/PL1 factory firmware (for the SM-N900V) from sammobile.com and flash it using Odin. Note that you will lose 100% of the content on your phone doing this.. If you don't know what that means, use the search function. You might need to register on the Sammobile.com...
  5. B

Post Root?

Rollback flash (Factory Stock) OF1 with Odin and attempt root with one or the other Yemen tools. The first step should be straightforward; the 2nd seems to give mixed results. (Possibly because the exploit targets a race condition?) If you look at those (Yemen root) threads, you'll note...
  6. B

Post Vzw note 3 wifi issue

Try running that script (say in a terminal emulator) I posted in my reply. If you see the wlan0 interface bouncing up and down it suggests a hardware problem (given that you said the symptom is on all WiFi networks). I suppose it could be software... but until you start digging for more...
  7. B

Post Vzw note 3 wifi issue

One possibility is that your connection actually is bouncing. (Continuously disconnecting/reconnecting) If that were the case then the frequent messages are appropriate, but symptomatic of some other problem such as hardware (flakey antenna connection?) or a strange software stack...
  8. B

Post TWRP on 5.0?

https://dl.twrp.me/hltevzw/ (Note hltevzw) Any of the 3.x...-4.4 series should work, but: - AryaMod requires a 2.8.x series because of its use of the Aroma installer, see that thread for details - Some "hlte" unified build ROMs that are compatible with the SM-N900V (hltevzw) won't install...
  9. B

Post [Official] Note 3 Verizon Bootloader Unlock

For every variant of the Note3 for which this exploit worked, there existed a developer edition of that device variant, and presumably at least one owner of each such device type consented to letting his/her bootloader signature be copied. That's because this exploit in effect "clones" an...
  10. B

Post Fastboot Waiting for Device - TWRP Installation

EDIT - skip to bottom The use of fastboot to interact with bootloader firmware is NOT universal among Android handset makers. In particular, Samsung. Fastboot hasn't worked with Samsung android devices for a long time (it possibly never did). The nearest analagous equivalent is Samsung's...
  11. B

Post Sm-n900v rooted unlocked twrp flashed but where is my SD CARD

The unlocking step overwrites the external (removable) SD card with a copy of the first 256 MB of your flash memory chip before it modifies the "aboot" partition. A side effect of this is that the card won't mount correctly any longer without re-formatting it. To be completely safe (you'll...
  12. B

Post Complete backup???

First you need to state whether you have a safestrap ROM or a unlocked bootloader and real custom recovery. Huge difference. You should also bear in mind that if you are suffering from a corruption issue somewhere, a "complete" backup and restore merely records the corrupted data and restores...
  13. B

Post lcd replacement info

Update June 12th/13th 2017 Seller has provided no communication to me other than issuing an RMA through eBay's return process. USPS indicates that they received my return 02 June; 10 days later, no communication and also no refund. Escalating via eBay. We'll see what happens from here. eBay...
  14. B

Post is LTE Advanced possible on the Verizon Galaxy Note 3

What does "with the latest update in Hardware" mean? I looked in /efs - based on my own handset I'm thinking you can estimate the time factory testing was performed with the timestamp on /efs/FactoryApp/test_nv or /efs/FactoryApp/baro_delta (Mine is November 2013) I vaguely remember seeing...
  15. B

Post [ROM][TW][Aroma]AryaMod Port S7Edge 6.0.1 Port V6.6 [17 February 2017][EOL]

I would imagine that more than 90% of the folks using this ROM have a VZW SIM card in their phone and are using LTE - without the symptoms you describe. Myself included. FWIW I'm using the phantom kernel but I think it might be one or two releases or two back from whatever is current; the ID...