Recent content by Bigmille

1. B

Post Question S24U Screen Protectors

100% agree, it's a massive downgrade. The fingerprint sensor works 99% of the time on my old Fold 4, but it's about 80% without any screen protector on my S24 Ultra. All glass screen protectors seem to have mixed reviews on the FP sensor's success. If the uncovered FP sensor is having trouble...
  2. B

Post Question S24U Screen Protectors

Hi, how do you find the fingerprint sensor behaving? Also do you have enough lip over the sides of the screen protector, so it don’t feel sharp when swiping from the edge? Thanks
  3. B

Post Question Samsung Trade-In Warning

Well, my Fold 4 still says “We got it” on Royal Mail website, and haven’t moved from the place I posted it. That was on 2nd of Feb. It seems lost 😡 , and I will have to cover the difference when I get back from my travel. Been using my iPhone in case Samsung decides to lock my S24 ultra remotely.
  4. B

Post Question Battery life Thread

This and the non adjustable AOD brightness, lock screen notifications change makes the phone behaving like iOS. If or when I want to use iOS, I have an iPhone for that. Samsung should give the owner all options possible, we can choose how to customise our phone to our liking.
  5. B

Personally, I don't believe that is the case these days. The battery monitor app doesn't show up as using any power when you are using your phone with the screen on or off. Therefore, the only difference would be extra drain when the phone is in deep sleep mode. As you can see in the...
  6. B

Post Question S24 Ultra Cases

I really like my UAG Pathfinder case. The best part is that the rubber edges are soft enough that the phone can be removed very easily, so I can take it out while at the office and at home. Also, it is not too hard, which makes it non-slippery in hand with dry skin. Those are the main advantages...
  7. B

Post General [UK] Galaxy S24 Ultra pre-order, offers etc. discussion thread

Thanks, been checking my spam folder like when I was wait for the pre order dispatched email! I'm not sure if Samsung will hounor the trade in if Royal Mail deliver it late, as the email said the phone need to get back to them by tomorrow. I will use my iPhone while I'm away if the return is...
  8. B

True, I will be out of pocket for £310 even if I get back £150 compensation if the package is lost. It was not really the extra costs of special delivery; rather, it was the quicker option as I was busy that day. I also used Apple trade-in with my iPhone 15 last year. Apple covered the full...
  9. B

Do you get an email from Samsung trade-in once they have received the trade-in phone? I will be very upset if my Fold 4 is lost, as I believe Samsung only gives £150 compensation for devices lost in transit with their prepaid return.
  10. B

I returned the trade-in phone last Friday using the included 48-hour service. However, the tracking shows the phone hasn't moved from the post office where I dropped it off. The deadline to return the phone is this Saturday. Now I'm worried either the phone won't be returned in time, or even...
  11. B

Well, the phone landed on the metal corner edge first, so the screen did not hit the tiles on first contact. Since the screen is flat now, who knows if it would have cracked without the case? There is a bit of a lip on the top and bottom of the case, maybe 2mm. Also, it takes a bit of effort to...
  12. B

1st accidental drop test of the Pitaka case. The phone fell from counter height (1m/3ft) onto a tiled floor. It landed on a corner, then backflipped a couple of times before resting on the floor facing down. There is no damage to the naked screen or frame. Only the corner of the case that hit...
  13. B

Post Question Display washout - not as vivid

Some new information on this from Samsung Spain: "a statement to Teknofilo, Samsung Spain indicated that the changes to the Vivid profile are intentional and meant to provide a more natural experience. The company went on to specify that the reported behavior is not a defect, seemingly ruling...
  14. B

I'm very happy with the battery life. A full day's (24 hours) usage is possible for me. Here is an almost full day of heavy use on mobile with photos and navigation. With 13.5 hours of active use, I still had 15% battery life left.
  15. B

For the price Pitaka is charging, one of the most, if not the most expensive case on Amazon, the compromise seems half assed, especially when their S23 cases have full side protection.