• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by blackhawk

1. blackhawk

Post Cannot upgrade my SD card to a higher capacity

It's also possible a hidden user setting was altered. Poorly written 3rd apps can do this, unistalling may not fix it or could even trigger it. Factory reset to clear the user data and reset everything to default. If you did any major firmware upgrades and you didn't factory reset... it's time...
  2. blackhawk

Post Question Severe lag in the phone / contact app after updating to android 12

Factory reset after a major firmware upgrade. I rarely update... and almost never have issues to spite the fact I use the hell out of my N10+. My current OS load will be 2 yo in June...
  3. blackhawk

Post Question suddenly unknown imei

Yeah Samsung will do that. They don't like rooted phones. I run stock Samsung's as they can run very well as such once optimized. So I'm be no means an expert on troubleshooting a rooted phone... If you're rooted (or even if not) you need to be very careful with what 3rd apps you load. Keep...
  4. blackhawk

Post Cannot upgrade my SD card to a higher capacity

I trust you have redundant copies saved on hdds... How fast? The card's top speed is around [email protected] Sounds like it was just deleting the files, not writing them to the card. Try in safe mode. Run a Check Disk on the PC. Do a low level format and always format in the phone before use. A...
  5. blackhawk

Post SPAM Reporting Thread: This thread is to be used in reporting any and all found Spam.

Free this Mason... https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/masonic-aprons.4390273/
  6. blackhawk

Post SPAM Reporting Thread: This thread is to be used in reporting any and all found Spam.

A keto cluster fk orgy in progress on XDA... oh my🤔
  7. blackhawk

Post Question Unlocking / Reactivating Qualcomm codecs (Bluetooth Audio)

Well I would've gone with a Note rather than the S21U. In fact I bought my second new N10+ 4 months ago. Nonetheless both models share the same deficiency. Apparently it has to do with licensing fees. I would like to have it too as I do have quit a few HDCD files who's resolution can be 22...
  8. blackhawk

Post Question Unlocking / Reactivating Qualcomm codecs (Bluetooth Audio)

Which codecs are unavailable? LDAC and SSC are the best HD codecs this phone offers. So you need a device the supports one of these. There are some excellent Sony and Panasonic Headsets and Buds that use LDAC. Some have talked here about upscaling the SBC one to get better resolution by...
  9. blackhawk

Post Screen on time

Lol, Google backup Transport is DOA. Playstore and Google play Services normally disabled. OTA updates is another parasite. Don't forget to turn off Google Firebase and all app, carrier, all feedback. Wifi is always disabled on mine so I can't say either way. Bluetooth's drain should be very...
  10. blackhawk

Post Screen on time

It's likely a cloud app. Google backup Transport maybe. All those social apps are busy little beavers too. Screen off, internet/phone on battery usage: Always on AOD 1%@hr Tap on AOD > 0.5%@hr This is what you should be getting. You got some witch hunting to do...
  11. blackhawk

Post Question Google lately sending out a replacement device only once?

No doubt that may be true, but not all devices are equal (even the same model). It's a dirty little secret but a common practice for phone manufacturers to substitute smaller chipsets and components during a production run due to parts availability. If it's a chipset it may not be compatible...
  12. blackhawk

Post Screen on time

You do have a lot of trashware. FB, Instagram, WhatsApp and other social media apps aren't permitted on my devices ever. They are malware, purveyors of disinformation and security risks. If I can't access via browser I don't go there. I use manual brightness control. Quit easy to do on the...
  13. blackhawk

As Lughnasadh pointed out calling Google back is a good idea. I've literally called some companies over 2 dozen times over the course of a week or two, escalating the case, ask to talk to supervisors, managers, even a VP at Sony. Trying to get them to do the right thing. Hammer them until they...
  14. blackhawk

All the more reason to never do business with this company it true. I'd return it anyway. Then start filing complaints if they froze the account. The FTC will take action if they get enough complaints of inappropriate behavior like this. As it is I would never give Google a dime outright anyway.
  15. blackhawk

Post Soldering a usb cable to SM R760

Than leave it be. This isn't what you want to practice on! You trying to repair it or mod it?