Recent content by Blackvibes

1. B

Post [solved] Can't enter recovery after 'format system' in CWM

Well, I'm glad all android phones have a fast boot mode, which I was used to with my previous HTC One X. I Quickly fast boot flashed a new boot.img and I had CWM back on. Then I installed CyanogenMod and I was done. Pretty easy in fact. :)
  2. B

Thread [solved] Can't enter recovery after 'format system' in CWM

Hey guys, I may just have the most stupid thing I could possibly do. I've got a soft-rooted Xperia SP (TowelRoot) and opened CWM Recovery to try to install Cyanogenmod. It cited I had to 'format system' and I rebooted the phone thereafter. Now it's stuck on the Sony Logo and I can't get it into...
  3. B

Thread [Q] How should I backup the original firmware before flashing to CM?

Hey guys, before I'd flash my Xperia SP with Cyanogenmod, I was wondering what way I could backup (And restore!) the original firmware of my device incase I want to switch back to stock. I just want to be sure I don't mess up and I can repair back to original :)
  4. B

Thread [Q] 'Stuck' at boot after upgrade to 5.1 (lmy47i) from Lollipop beta

Hey guys, I haven't touched my Nexus 5 for a while and today I picked it up for some development actions. Atleast that was my purpose. I booted it and I saw it was still running the Lollipop 5.0 beta from a year a go. I immediately downloaded the lmy47i 5.1 Nexus 5 Hammerhead factory image and...
  5. B

Thread [Q] Can I use a Nandroid with different CID but same version?

According to this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2104672 You don't need a Nandroid with the same Cid, aslong as the main version is the same. I've got an HTC One X with 3.14.401.31, it's an E11. But Does that mean I can use the CID M__27 Nandroid Backup 3.14.401.31 CID M__27...
  6. B

Thread [Q] Restore back to stock without Nandroid

Hey guys, After a long time not using my HTC ONE X, I decided to sell it. However, I want it to return back to stock. I thought I had a Nandroid backup, but somehow.. System.img is missing. Even checked my backup hard disk, but on every backup I have, the system.img is missing.. Now what can...
  7. B

Post [Q] Do we get Android L preview updates?

Mainly the ones Google is bragging about; I really notice energy is maintained more efficiently, battery lasts longer than stock. Probably compared to a rooted device, it doesn't. The notifications and notification center toggle are great(!); love I don't need a separate ugly app for that. The...
  8. B

Post [Q] Do we get Android L preview updates?

Hmm, let's hope for it. There are some annoying bugs in Android L, but the advantages of Android L over 4.4.4 overrule the bugs, so I'm not downgrading, though.
  9. B

Thread [Q] Do we get Android L preview updates?

Hey guys, It's already a long time since the release of Android L preview and I was wondering if we were ever going to get an update to it. Can't believe this version is going to last until the public release.
  10. B

Thread [Q] Does installing Android L voids warrenty?

Hey guys, This is once again one out of thousand of the same questions, however, since this is regarding an official installation of Android, that requires the boot loader to be unlocked, this might be a different case.. :) So let's keep it short: Does unlocking the boot loader and installing...
  11. B

Thread [Q] Does installing Android L voids warrenty?

Hey guys, This is once again one out of thousand of the same questions, however, since this is regarding an official installation of Android, that requires the boot loader to be unlocked, this might be a different case.. :) So let's keep it short: Does unlocking the boot loader and installing...
  12. B

Post [Q] Battery life getting worse - How to check for draining apps?

Not rooted - Updated the OP. Thanks anyway! :)
  13. B

Thread [Q] Battery life getting worse - How to check for draining apps?

Hey guys, A common question: My Nexus 5 seems to suffer from energy drainage, as I'm not getting the Screen on Time I'm used to. Ever since I got the phone, I've always got about 2:45 - 3:15 hours of Screen on time and in the past months, that hasn't changed, until the last few weeks, as I'm...
  14. B

Thread Update Android camera app - New/worse aspect ratio?

Hey guys, I just opened my camera app on my Nexus 5 and noticed a complete UI overhaul. Surprised as I was, I checked the play store and noticed the update. At the moment of writing this, I'm not satisfied by this ugly overhaul. However, I noticed there is a different resolution/dimensions of...
  15. B

Post [Q] Incredible slow, frequently frozen Xperia SP - What to do..

I'm kinda unsure what you mean. I'm currently on 4.3 -> .266 (build number right?). This one is still unrooted and, even though someone spoke about backing up the TA, since this is not my phone, but my girlfriend's, I'm not sure if I want to dare that. If it was my owns, that wouldn't be a...