Recent content by blaukraut

1. B

Post [SOLVED] How to monitor network connections in Android 12?

Hi giostark, Thank you very much for your research! I can't believe how little information is available in the net on such an important topic. Actually I think, each OS should be able to show the user which app causes how much traffic right now, like in the Windows Task-Manager. Unfortunately...
  2. B

Post KERNEL ❯ PIXEL 5 ❯ Proton Kernel

Guys, we are wrong - or at least I was wrong. This kernel DOES work with ProtonAOSP 12. One just has to disable verification first. See instructions here: https://divnectar.com/blog/android-guide (section VBmeta.img and Veritity) To check, if you are running Proton kernel, go to Settings -...
  3. B

Post [KERNEL] [Nov 17] Pixel 5 ElementalX

Alright, thank you for clarification. I've just read that it wouldn't work with A12 either way. Is there a recommendable kernel (optimized for performance and battery life) for Pixel5 with A12?
  4. B

Post [KERNEL] [Nov 17] Pixel 5 ElementalX

I don't have the possiblity of installing EX Kernel Manager. How to install this kernel manually? Is there no .img file?
  5. B

Post [ GUIDE ] Installing ProtonAOSP 11 ROM, kernel and rooting with Magisk

Thank you for some clarifications! Just for others: In order to use Proton Kernel with ProtonAOSP 12, you first have to disable verfication. See instructions here: https://divnectar.com/blog/android-guide (section VBmeta.img and Veritity). Kudos to @Sewdohe for this guide.
  6. B

Post KERNEL ❯ PIXEL 5 ❯ Proton Kernel

I also confirm that this kernel does not work on ProtonAOSP 12. Error: "Failed to load/verify boot images". This should be stated clearly in the description @kdrag0n.
  7. B

Post ROM ❯ PIXEL 5 ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11

I installed Proton 12.4.0 via the web installer. Some questions: 1. Why is TWRP not included? In my last custom roms, TWRP was always included in the installer. I always liked it. And I'm having a hard time trying to install TWRP myself under A12. 2. Is the Proton kernel included in this rom...
  8. B

Which features of Lineage did you like, that Proton doesn't have? EDIT: Answering myself after I directly messaged Sewdohe: mainly UI reasons: black/white reading mode, extra dim mode, nav pill hideable.
  9. B

Why did you switch from Proton to Lineage?
  10. B

Thread Differences: Lineage / Proton ROM

Hey guys, so I've finally bought myself a 2nd hand Pixel5 and want to flash a custom rom. Seems, Lineage and Proton are the 2 most popular. I looked at the details of the roms, but just cannot decide. Can you maybe give me a hint, what the main differences are? My last phone (Galaxy S7) was...
  11. B

Hey guys, so I've finally bought myself a 2nd hand Pixel5 and want to flash a custom rom. Seems, Lineage and Proton are the 2 most popular. I looked at the details of the roms, but just cannot decide. Can you maybe give me a hint, what the main differences are? If I understood correctly, Proton...
  12. B

Post How to clone an S7 to another S7?

I didn't clone the ETF partition, as I read that you gonna brick the phone if you use another phone's ETF partition. But I now found out that the ETF partition is acutally the cause of the problems, I have: PIN does not work, because part of the encryption is the IMEI, which is stored in the ETF...
  13. B

Post Galaxy S7 Free Unlock Code Through Samsung Canada Chat

Did not work for me. They said that my IMEI is not in their system. Well, I didn't buy it there actually, but that was not explicitly stated as a prerequisite in this thread.
  14. B

Thread How to clone an S7 to another S7?

Hi, Short: How to clone an S7 to another S7? Long: I want to transfer everything from my old S7 to a new S7. Both are G930F. What I did: - full NAND Backup with TWRP to external sdcard - copy internal storage to external sdcard - root and full wipe new S7 - restore NAND backup and internal...