Recent content by blk_jack

1. blk_jack

Post [OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

Sorry about that folks. Looks like it was triggered my a huge image coming in through the api and getting past the backend validation. I fixed it in the backend and will have a new app build out to prevent it from occurring in the future.
  2. blk_jack

Post [OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

These kinds of mod features have been requested quite a few times (as you're obviously aware), but on a serious note they couldn't be added to XDA Labs because the backend API that Labs uses doesn't have any moderation abilities. There's simply no endpoints that let you perform any of the...
  3. blk_jack

Without trying to derail this thread, I'll just address Feed quickly since the community is definitely owed an update. Feed was by far my favorite project I've done with XDA. I used it every day and I still miss it. XDA shut it down without giving me a heads up, so it's up to them. They could...
  4. blk_jack

With the old setup, builds were put out solely by myself. There was no way to automatically generate signed apks, run tests, etc. This new setup will in theory let developers submit PRs that can not only be reviewed code-wise, but can also be tested and run against staging servers, etc. If...
  5. blk_jack

Hi folks, a quick update on some recent changes. We've successfully migrated the backend from Amazon to GCP. This includes an updated & more modern CI/CD that will improve the process to build/deploy the backend services. It also means we can scale and monitor those services better. The app...
  6. blk_jack

To be fair the entire app and Labs backend was built by myself alone. It's not like we have an army of devs working on it. But yea, stay tuned for updates this week. Also, the app on Play is the exact same app as full XDA Labs but with the store part excluded. There's no speed difference...
  7. blk_jack

The first time you browse the forums it actually tells you.
  8. blk_jack

Using this reply to also mention that longstanding issues like registration being broken and the 1.1.7b-rc1 build (on telegram) not letting you install apps has been fixed and those builds will be pushed live VERY soon. Hopefully this week!
  9. blk_jack

If you have any suggestions/ideas, you need to check the roadmap and the very comprehensive list at https://github.com/Wood-Man/XDA-Labs-Issues-and-Suggestions/issues. IF by some crazy miracle your suggestion isn't on either of those lists (it is), then you can mention it to Wood Man In reply...
  10. blk_jack

Hey all, it's been awhile. People have been asking what's going on w/ Labs? Well the TLDR is that I haven't been working at XDA for the past 2 years. That's why there hasn't been any updates! Well that's going to change for a bit as I'm back, baby, and I'm working on modernizing a few things...
  11. blk_jack

Post [APP][4.1+] Hangar - Smart recent app shortcuts & statistics

For those of you interested in open source and/or Hangar still in 2019, there's a re-write in progress (Using Kotlin and Flutter) that you can check out! https://github.com/mimicmobile/hangar
  12. blk_jack

In regards to this, we're migrating all our static files (including the apks) to a new service, so the next day or so (hopefully less) will be a bit dicey! Apologies for this, but thought I'd mention it in case people ask. It should only affect new builds published at the moment. Also there...
  13. blk_jack

You can use discord w/o installing the app (the website is quite good), and I did mean Discord because that's where Dave is and he's the one looking into this.
  14. blk_jack

Hey guys, been reading about these timeouts/network issues and they're almost certainly related to either your home internet, the provider which hosts the backend API service, or the API service itself (which isn't what the website uses). I'll have to ask Dave about it, but clearing cache will...