• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by bnwg

1. B

Post Anyone successfully rooted the galaxy z fold 2? If so, How?

I guess you need to flash together with BL, CP and CSC even if you want to flash custom recovery only as AP. It is very helpful installation instruction guide from Github of Magisk by topjohnwu (especially for Samsung device). https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html
  2. B

Post [MODULE] Smali Patcher for native Android (Termux)

Appreciate if anyone knows whether the patch of Samsung Knox works - as I'm considering a new samsung device and it will be good to know before purchasing.
  3. B

Post [Magisk][/system][2019.1.23] fbind

I think the sequence is - install Magisk (v19 per his case) from recovery - boot up the device after flashing Magisk - after booted up goes to Magisk without network connection - manual install fbind - no reboot after manual install fbind - connect internet and finish Magisk setup and upgrade -...
  4. B

Post [APP][5.0+][BETA] Island - app freezing, privacy protection, parallel accounts

I've installed a single app with 1G+ from Google Play Store in island without any issues. So I can confirm you it's no problem to do that in island. The other workaround could be installing the desired app from mainland and clone to island with island app. By the way, HTC U11+ stock android...
  5. B

Post [Module] NFC Screen Off

Just for reference. I use xposed edge to switch on and off NFC by double clicking volume button up and down. It works flawlessly even when screen is locked. To use Gpay, it definitely needs screen on (as you need to fire up the Gpay app). Again, I set to enable Gpay by long squeezing the...
  6. B

Post [MODULE] Smali Patcher 7.3

Thanks mate! It flashed without single issue. Unfortunately it didn't work. Secure folder setup appeared and asked login with Samsung account. It proceeded well with screen saying that creating the folder. However at the end it failed with pop up message saying something went wrong. If...
  7. B

Post [MODULE] Smali Patcher 7.3

Would like to get help on creating smali module for Samsung Knox. G9350 with android 8.0. /system/framework as per the link below https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvmRs1SQcG2rgoxJe5FGoRoqb5nRaA?e=bYfpPp Thank you
  8. B

Post [APP][5.0+][BETA] Island - app freezing, privacy protection, parallel accounts

Regarding to your question on google account in mainland/island, it's correct that mainland will see only the account you login and same for island. They won't see thru each other. This is the purpose of having island
  9. B

Post Working: Magisk with Google Pay as of gms 17.1.22 on Pie

Under the phone setting you can find G Pay without G Pay app Phone setting -> Google services & preferences -> Account services -> Google pay The main different I found is with G Pay app you can look at your purchase history
  10. B

Choose share and select "switch to personal profile" and proceed from there
  11. B

Want to clarify for this solution - no need to hide Google Pay from MagiskHide? - no need to chmod 440 to dg.db? Thanks Edit: can't find com.android.traceur
  12. B

Hi OP oasisfeng I've been using island since it's available. Even it's "beta" but I think it's as stable as MR. I'm in God mode with rooted device. Not sure if it's possible to have a feature that go directly to island by inputting island password and/or fingerprint from lockscreen?
  13. B

In fact I didn't edit anything in dg.db (lots of 10 in the file) and use it as is. What I did is to chmod 440 to it and make all necessary hide from Magisk manager before firing GPay for setup and that's it. It works flawless until now even with the latwst update on GPay recently.
  14. B

Post Google Photos App Enabling Itself

You can try disabling from adb shell command adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 package.name.of.application
  15. B

Post [MODULE][Terminal] App Systemizer v17.3.1

Could we systemize app in work profile?