Recent content by bobby janow

1. bobby janow

Post eSim other carriers

Ask your carrier for a scan code. Then try to scan it in the window. Where did you buy the phone, was it new from a carrier or 3rd party? You're not giving us much to go on.
  2. bobby janow

Post Unlock bootloader?

Done..
  3. bobby janow

Post Unlock bootloader?

I'm pretty sure there is a way to roll back the 12 release even with a locked bootloader, which indeed you have. FYI it's locked forever, for all intents and purposes, if you have a Verizon Pixel. I'm not sure why you didn't research that before you installed an OS for developers. It's common...
  4. bobby janow

Post Is my 5G actually 5G?

@xunholyx That is insane speed. You know where I can cross the border?
  5. bobby janow

Post Pixel 5 Stuck on boot loop

Is that a fact? I haven't had a bl unlock for many years now but I thought I could only do an OTA flash from fastboot with a locked bootloader. I know I can factory reset but other than that .. So if I loaded the beta 12 I could go back and flash a factory image? I would certainly flip the OEM...
  6. bobby janow

Post Root without unlocking bootloader?

Yeah, I know that. I never did understand the particulars of that but I'm sure it has something to do with money of some sort to someone. There was always too much fine print and conditions. I'm pretty much stuck on Pixel now so I'll only buy from Google and hope for some kind of discount. On...
  7. bobby janow

Post Root without unlocking bootloader?

This is really not directed towards you, I know for a fact you know all this. I don't even think the sales people at BB know what bl unlock means. And unlocked has nothing to do with the ability to bootloader unlock, I just can't believe that this is still an issue for some folks. As for carrier...
  8. bobby janow

Post Can the Google Store Pixel 5 bootloader be unlocked?

You're right it was a holiday return offer. Now it's 30 days, unopened returns whatever that means. What if you break the seal on the box? Ahh.. the fine print. Buy the way that it is listed it's pretty obvious that you could unlock it. I'd love to know why the SKU are so different. I wonder if...
  9. bobby janow

@l7777 Yeah I wasn't sure about other vendors return policy. I've only bought from Google and VZW and they are both 15 days no exceptions. That's good to know though. Did you get lucky on your Amazon purchase or did you know it would be bl unlockable? @RBEmerson I didn't mean to suggest so I'm...
  10. bobby janow

@xunholyx BB sells unbranded and unlockable bl devices. You just need to pay full price with no carrier discount. At least they used to when the P5 first came out. Perhaps they don't any longer. @RBEmerson Since you are returning the device this is moot but just to clarify once again for you...
  11. bobby janow

You might be able to tell from the listings on the box. Perhaps SKU? My Google one is 1956 and the VZW one is 1986. Also my G version has the software version on the box and the V one does not. IMEI 1 and 2 are listed separately on G, together with a slash on V. There is only one way to tell...
  12. bobby janow

Post [APP][2.2+][05 Oct. - V2.4] BetterBatteryStats

Unfortunately no. But the 2.5-358 is still flawless.
  13. bobby janow

@RBEmerson Just to clarify, factory unlocked means you can use it on any carrier. All Google devices, whether they are Fi, Verizon or simply Google unbranded are carrier unlocked. However, if you buy a Verizon phone from the Google store it will come with a VZW sim already in it. You can take it...
  14. bobby janow

You can't until you actually see a screen shot of the OEM switch. Because even is someone bought it from Google store they could have bought the Verizon model and thus not unlockable. But you could have done worse, it's a great device and most people have forgone rooting and flashing these days...