Recent content by Bogdacutu

1. Bogdacutu

Post Linux4Tegra R23.1/R24.1 beta for the Shield Tablet

For touchscreen and BT on Ubuntu 16+, iirc the init scripts for rm-wrapper and some BT service needed to be converted to systemd units - I think they were in separate archives inside the MultiROM installer, so they should be easy to find.
  2. Bogdacutu

Post Kill the kill switch - "ST - yy"

iirc, I did update it, but reverted it after someone pointed out that "ST - yy" doesn't appear anymore once you're past a certain version (not sure if that's still the case now)
  3. Bogdacutu

1. in this particular scenario warranty is out of the question anyway, and apart from being able to tell that the bootloader was unlocked at some point in the past, it's still completely reversible 2. step 5 is impossible without root, because you can't replace system applications unless the...
  4. Bogdacutu

yes, works exactly as it would on a normal PC
  5. Bogdacutu

yup, that's correct. also remember to take the GPU drivers from linux4tegra
  6. Bogdacutu

already happened, check post #789
  7. Bogdacutu

14.04 is only EOL in like 3 years. in any case, for newer ubuntu versions the init scripts will have to be rewritten because systemd, which I really don't think I have the time to do right now
  8. Bogdacutu

follow the instructions in the first post afaik, the current M build of multirom doesn't handle appended DTBs correctly, so that needs to be fixed before linux4tegra (or other ROMs that use old kernels) can work
  9. Bogdacutu

1. no 2. yes 3. fastboot erase recovery
  10. Bogdacutu

1. afaik, the zip will say that tegraota is successfully removed regardless of whether or not it actually works, don't think there's much I can do about that 2. /system only had bin in it because the system partition wasn't mounted. the zip mounts it automatically and unmounts it after it's done
  11. Bogdacutu

this doesn't work with the Marshmallow bootloader (or, to be more specific, DTB), and until I figure out a way to get it to use my own DTB, it isn't going to work on any Android versions past Lollipop (with or without MultiROM)
  12. Bogdacutu

I'm fairly certain that having the internal storage die or get corrupted would also result in the tablet only booting to APX mode, so that's likely what happened in this case (the chip probably stopped responding and either made the kernel freeze or got it to panic). drivers aren't an issue...
  13. Bogdacutu

I just repackage the distro offered by Nvidia with the kernel and drivers. you can use whatever distro you want with the linux4tegra drivers if you're willing to install everything manually
  14. Bogdacutu

Updated first post with download link for R24.1 beta. You'll need to install the SDK from Nvidia located at http://developer.download.nvidia.com/embedded/L4T/r24_Release_v1.0/Vulkan_Beta/vulkan_nvidia.tar.gz in order to use Vulkan.