Recent content by Boing7898

1. B

Post [KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel V2.1.4 [2021.02.12][OOS/CUSTOM ROMS][UNIFIED OP8/OP8Pro/OP8T]

Hi and thank you for the update. Does this mean that it will work on ROMs using custom wifi drivers like LineageOS?
  2. B

Post Getting the most out of our 8T: OxygenOS + custom kernel or custom ROM?

Thanks for the update. I went back to stock OxygenOS and installed Bluspark. I would've tried Neutrino but I noticed it doesn't have a lot of features yet, like it misses Wireguard support and vibration intensity support. Let me know how it goes for you!
  3. B

Oh that's some good news! There isn't an XDA thread yet, right?
  4. B

Post [ROM][11][OnePlus8T] PixelExperience [AOSP]

@chandra1.jd Are custom kernels supported with Pixel Experience? I ask because I was using LineageOS but the developer decided to build in the wifi module, so it's not loaded anymore from /vendor and WiFi is thus broken in custom kernels. Is it the same here? Thank you!
  5. B

Post [ROM] [11] [UNOFFICIAL] [OnePlus 8T] [EVOLUTION-X] [AOSP] [03/27/2021]

@apophis9283 Are custom kernels supported with Evolution-X? I ask because I was using LineageOS but the developer decided to build in the wifi module, so it's not loaded anymore from /vendor and WiFi is thus broken in custom kernels. Is it the same here? Thank you!
  6. B

Hmm, I might wait some time to see if some other ROMs come out or I can somehow install a custom kernel, before switching back to stock. But at least I know that OxygenOS is pretty good stock! Thanks for your opinion guys. I hope Oneplus will keep releasing updates for quite some time then.
  7. B

I would recommend you to try both of them for a week and judge by yourself. I started with Radioactive kernel which was really good, that's what made me fall in love with custom kernels. I tried switching to Bluspark kernel to see if WiFi worked there, but it didn't, just like Radioactive...
  8. B

Post ROM[OFFICIAL][kebab][11.0]**crDroid**[V7.4]

@firebird11 Are custom kernels supported with crDroid? I ask because I was using LineageOS but the developer decided to build in the wifi module, so it's not loaded anymore from /vendor and WiFi is thus broken in custom kernels. Is it the same here? Thank you!
  9. B

The main reason I'm tempted to go back to stock OxygenOS is, as you already know, the custom kernels low battery drain and great performance. I tried both Radioactive kernel and Bluspark kernel and they're amazing. I'm really tempted now to go back to stock; I just hope Oneplus won't be super...
  10. B

Thread Getting the most out of our 8T: OxygenOS + custom kernel or custom ROM?

Hello guys. I bought an 8T during Christmas and I instantly installed LineageOS because I wanted less bloatware as possibile and more privacy, since I read some articles regarding OxygenOS telemetry and sending data back to servers in China. I also installed a custom kernel which was GREAT...
  11. B

Post [KERNEL] [blu_spark r90 OP8/Pro/T] [A11 OOS/Custom ]

I don't even have the folder "qca6390", I just have in "qca_cld" the files "WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini" and "wlan_mac.bin"
  12. B

I managed to rmmod wlan and then insmod it with success and got this log from dmesg, I don't know if it can help but it's something new: [ 542.799679] wlan_hdd_state wlan major(474) initialized [ 542.801588] msm_pcie_enable: PCIe: Assert the reset of endpoint of RC0. [ 542.805381]...
  13. B

Yup, also rebooted twice to make sure it was loaded properly. kebab:/ # start wpa_supplicant kebab:/ # insmod /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko insmod: failed to load /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko: File exists 1|kebab:/ # insmod /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko insmod: failed to load...
  14. B

Hmm this is weird. I don't always get the usual error logs when enabling WiFi, I get them more constantly when disabling it (toggling it off, it doesn't ever turn on really). But anyways, the logs are the same I think: 01-17 23:08:06.045 951 951 E [email protected]: Failed to...
  15. B

Okay, something definitely changed now, logs are different: 01-17 10:10:52.982 957 957 E [email protected]: Failed to write driver state control param: Invalid argument 01-17 10:10:52.982 957 957 E [email protected]: Failed to load WiFi driver 01-17...