Recent content by boomdox

1. boomdox

Post Question Changing CSC code on a phone without multi CSC codes

I plugged mine I to smart switch when i believed there was an update and it came up straight away it needed an update. Just otas that don't work with the changes
  2. boomdox

Smart switch detected an update with the changed unbranded firmware, just not via ota. Either way, when I'm on eux the only updates can be done via Odin or smart switch. Back on o2u and all three work, ota smartswitch and Odin.
  3. boomdox

I've got an update with my old CSC, but not the one I changed too. Still think it's somethinf different to activated Id. I checked my phone and everything included the activated Id was the same, yet hers still got an update, and I had to change mine back to recieve it
  4. boomdox

Post Question i want a custom ROM for samsung galaxy z fold , want a private custom rom with no google or google free rom

Just use your 1000 dollars, and buy a pixel 6 pro and install graphene os, that's about as good as your going to get, unless you decide to build your own room based on lineage os, but with a phone this expensive, your not gonna find custom ROMs. Or look into gsi's and have a play with those...
  5. boomdox

Post Question Will this work on the zfold3?

You shouldn't loose anything as far as I'm aware, it's baked into the firmware, but the CSC either allows it or doesn't based on local laws, so you shouldnt loose any apps, unless for whatever reason they don't have them in those regions. Just research which firmware or region has the software...
  6. boomdox

Post Question Will this work on the zfold3?

Yes, along as the region you change the CSC too, supports call recording, should work like normal
  7. boomdox

Post Question No OTA's if you change CSC from carrier to unbranded EUX or EUY - S22 series

I also found the cidmanager APK which says how the updates work ?.
  8. boomdox

Post Question No OTA's if you change CSC from carrier to unbranded EUX or EUY - S22 series

regards the language and shows up as null. when my csc was set to o2u, it would show as null and wouldnt let me chnage the language and shows only english, when my csc is set to eux, it says GB and gives me full access to change the language to whatever
  9. boomdox

So when my partner first got her z flip 3 phone, her csc's were eux/-/eux/vod, when she first put her sim into the phone (esim) everything was working correctly and she received a carrier update, and now receives ota's as and when they are available. when I received my fold 3, my csc's were...
  10. boomdox

If I still don't get ota's, I'll be changing it back again to eux and just flashing manually with Odin.
  11. boomdox

If your happy to flash via Odin, each time there's an update, just do that, I wouldn't swap back unless you want the ota's back for whatever reason. Either smart switch or posing both still work and you have no detrimental effects other than no ota's.
  12. boomdox

That's the case I'm afraid, I've changed back to see if I get back the ota's with my original CSC. I only changed because of the annoying apps it trys to install everytime I swap a SIM.
  13. boomdox

Post Question What Region Fold 3 do I have?

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-could-speed-up-firmware-update-process-for-customers-europe/
  14. boomdox

By 3 branded I mean the ROM is customised for the 3 network, apps added etc. mines on o2, but that's an multi CSC ROM, oxm which means it has multiple CSC, including eux etc, but eux doesn't come with network customisations and is now the European unbranded
  15. boomdox

It probably is running three branded software, but that will just be your original CSC code. If you wanted to change it you can, with free software from samfirm but the equivalent to btu now, is eux, Samsung have changed the way updates happen. UK the no longer has its own CSC unbranded code, we...