Recent content by brianelv

1. brianelv

Post [MOD] [UPDATE 3] Google Assistant for the Nexus 6P

Yes. I think the problem is the always-on Ok Google hotword, but I'm not sure.
  2. brianelv

Post [GUIDE] [UPDATE 3] How to enable Google Assistant on your phone (Android 7.0+ only)

On AOSP the voice recognition won't work. Looks like Google uses some closed-source libs.
  3. brianelv

Post [GUIDE] [UPDATE 3] How to enable Google Assistant on your phone (Android 7.0+ only)

The Nexus 5 doesn't have a stock Nougat ROM.
  4. brianelv

Open the Assistant settings and change it.
  5. brianelv

I just tried modifying the build.prop of an unrooted AOSP ROM on TWRP and worked. Root is unnecessary having TWRP.
  6. brianelv

Two ways to do it: 1. Download a Terminal and run: $ su # mount -o rw,remount /system Then try modifying the build.prop again. 2. Boot on TWRP, mount system, open Terminal, run "vi /system/build.prop", edit the file, save, reboot.
  7. brianelv

Avoid using the ZIP. Restore your system partition (or the Velvet apk) and edit the build.prop manually.
  8. brianelv

Boot on TWRP, mount system, open Terminal, run "vi /system/build.prop", edit the file, save, reboot. You can try the flashable ZIP too.
  9. brianelv

Looking for libraries and decompiling the framework and apps of the dump like crazy, looking for the code of Google Assistant. When I saw on the SystemUI code the call of a method to return the Intent of an Assistant installed on the device, I supposed that it wasn't deeply implemented on the...
  10. brianelv

Don't do it then. Most people doesn't need to wipe data, just delete the data of the Google app.
  11. brianelv

Added to FAQ. I won't add it as a method to avoid confusions.
  12. brianelv

I don't know, I always use Titanium Backup. I don't remember the last time I used the login activity lol
  13. brianelv

Whoops! I uploaded the wrong file, my bad. Download again.