Recent content by bunklung

1. B

Post Statusbar Size Fix

I used this recently and I had to wipe my entire device :( Anyhow, I did it reluctantly and it did not work :( I tried the next thing which was to: boot into stock boot image, which did work, thankfully. reboot to safemode quickly jump to bootloader before STOCK safemode boot. flash patched...
  2. B

Post Statusbar Size Fix

Oh boy, bootloops for me. I too had the the universal Safteynet fix and this status bar installed, but now I can't get everything back. I managed to have the device boot without root, but I don't know how to wipe the Magisk modules without bricking my device. I already blew up my device two...
  3. B

Post Gboard latency on the side of the screen ?

I created a bug report. Please star and provide feedback: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/173285421
  4. B

Post Statusbar Size Fix

Thank you for this. I created a feature request with Google to maybe address this comically odd status bar: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/173281459 See photo for a side by side...
  5. B

Post [app] [privset] [change hidden system settings via overlays] [6.0+] [root]

Is there a setting to control the status bar or navigation bar?
  6. B

Post [MODULE] Fullscreen/Immersive Gestures tweaks for Android 10-12

Thanks for this! Is there a way to hid the status bar too?
  7. B

Post Magisk General Support / Discussion

Okay, how about this solution to SafetyNet HW attestation: App Mirror. App Mirror would allow you to configure apps which create shortcuts right on your phone that look just like real apps. Call them what you want with what ever icon you want. Lets use McDonald's as an example. Once your...
  8. B

If the devices goes uncertified, will apps stop working/updating? Will we be able to apply for an exception here: https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
  9. B

Why not just emulate a phone which does not have a TPM? Then you could just run those apps within this VM environment and just bank on soft pass of Safety Net? In other words, Magisk Hide will now be a full blown VM.
  10. B

Would it be possible for Magisk/community to include like an Android VM container that could be used as a Magisk Hide environment? Could we then emulate like an older Pixel 1 that does not have a TPM module? What if we emulate our own TPM module in software to bypass the HW module?
  11. B

Just an FYI: I restored images, and was able to pull the April security update! I did NOT check for updates first. I restored the image, THEN i checked for the update. Normally I would do the other way around: Check, it breaks, I restore, I re-check, etc. On my second phone, I did not have the...
  12. B

Thanks for this. I found this too: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/1870 So I tried to just do a restore and it worked based on the patch I did from /sdcard. It looks like it then create a folder in /data called magisk_back_sh1. Within this folder, the compressed stock, boot.img.gz...
  13. B

Perhaps it's because you have an XL? I did try USB 2.0, no luck. Does SAR have anything to do with mounting the encrypted partition? A while back the work around for running the Magisk install in TWRP, was to use adb sideload since you really didn't need to write to userdata. I think TWRP used a...
  14. B

I gave up. I think Google pushed something in the January update or through Play Services which effects the ability to detect/flag root when trying to download the February update. Or something was flagged when it detected an off Magisk module or something? I went as far as restoring the image...
  15. B

That's the same guide I have used. My issue is that the download won't even start. I have accidentally tried to apply an OTA before I unrooted, but that's not my issue.