• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by CalculatedRisk

1. C

Post August Qualcomm Adreno GPU binaries

Lollipop+ have GPU drivers that are more updated than the ones in this thread.
  2. C

Post Encryption

Thank you for response. I went ahead and encrypted the device and I am not noticing any real world performance decrease. I don't play any games on my device, and use it for regular use. If I notice any issues, I will format and reactor my backup. Thanks again.
  3. C

Thread Encryption

Hello, I recently decided to look into encrypting my Nexus 4 running stock 5.1.1, but have a few questions before doing so. I have a handful of modifications, including custom kernel, root, and xposed. Would any of these prevent me from encrypting my device, or cause problems afterwards? I...
  4. C

Thread Encryption

Hello, I recently decided to look into encrypting my Nexus 4 running stock 5.1.1, but have a few questions before doing so. I have a handful of modifications, including custom kernel, root, and xposed. Would any of these prevent me from encrypting my device, or cause problems afterwards? I...
  5. C

Post [MOD][XPOSED] ActivityForceNewTask

I just tested this using your method and it happens exactly as you describe. Its definitely still needed on lollipop, I guess in my usage cases I got lucky. Thanks for the reply and the module.
  6. C

Post August Qualcomm Adreno GPU binaries

No, 5.1.1+ includes the most up to date binaries for our device. Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA-Developers mobile app
  7. C

Post [MOD][XPOSED] ActivityForceNewTask

Is this module still needed for Lollipop 5.1.1? I opened the Wikipedia app through chrome and it opened in 2 separate instances, so does this module provide functionality beyond creating a separate instance? Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA-Developers mobile app
  8. C

Thread Nexus 4 5.1.1 Reboot Diagnoses (With Full Log)

I recently clean flashed 5.1.1 on my Nexus 4 and restored all my apps and set the device up the way I need it to be, however, I am experiencing these random reboots that I cannot solve. I have checked the kernel log and it is showing no errors on the kernel side, but the logcat is showing me...
  9. C

Post [Xposed][2.3+][Mod] XToast 2.2 [27-5-2015][updated]

Hey sir, There is an error that I encountered in the xposed log. The module works fine, but I just wanted to put this out there. I'm running a Nexus 4, Stock Android 5.1.1 with Xposed v80. Log file attached. Thanks.
  10. C

Post [DISCUSSION] Xposed for Lollipop

Hello, I recently clean flashed stock 5.1.1 lollipop on my nexus 4, installed xposed and re-installed all my modules, set them all up, etc. And noticed that at the end of it all I experience boot loops on approximately every other boot. I uninstalled and re-installed xposed, wiped dalvik and...
  11. C

Post Random Xposed Bootloops on Stock Lollipop

I managed to pull the logs. A bunch of errors pop up near the end, unfortunately I don't know what they mean. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Log: http://pastebin.com/kdLFw9uf
  12. C

Thread Random Xposed Bootloops on Stock Lollipop

Hello, I recently clean flashed stock 5.1.1 lollipop on my nexus 4, installed xposed and re-installed all my modules, set them all up, etc. And noticed that at the end of it all I experience boot loops on approximately every other boot. I uninstalled and re-installed xposed, wiped dalvik and...
  13. C

Post [KERNEL] MiRaGe - for Nexus 4 stock ROM 10/25/15

Hey, I recently clean flashed the latest factory image of stock Lollipop 5.1.1 and tried flashing this kernel today, but the system kept soft rebooting a few seconds after each boot from the lockscreen. I flashed the overclock kernel and that was rebooting a few seconds from the lockscreen, so...
  14. C

Post Audio files undetectable

Take this with a grain of salt, but I think you can try wiping data of the "media storage" app in settings and rebooting. This will force the system to rebuild the media database. I remember reading this a few years ago when I had the same issue and this solved it. If there is anyway for you to...
  15. C

Post Viper4Android System Wide

I managed to get it working system wide shortly after posting. I first fully removed my existing V4A installation, by uninstalling the driver, deleting data and uninstalling the app through link2sd. I rebooted and then downloaded the viperlolli zip from the nexus 5 forums, extracted it, replaced...