Recent content by carbonize

1. carbonize

Post Question P50 Pro in the USA. Update: Working GMS

Actually I was wrong. Photos is syncing it was just taking its time proofreading the existing images on my phone. Not sure how well it will sync once you leave gspace though.
  2. carbonize

Post Question Google on P50 Pro?

And that's the problem. To many lazy coders out there. I have yet to find a family tracking app that works without GMS and yet no other app has problems with using my location.
  3. carbonize

You can login when using them on Gspace you just can't sync. Gspace will let you access all your files. Photos less so. But you can always just use the web based version of all these. I will also say that I didn't realise how limiting Gmail app is until I stopped using it.
  4. carbonize

I never said anything about expecting you to prefer another satnav I was purely giving you my experience. And I said they work fine you just can't login. So long as you don't want them running in the background then you can use gspace.
  5. carbonize

In my experience most apps are the same in both stores. Writing an app that uses native android api as opposed to either GMS or HMS is a lot easier than maintaining two android builds.
  6. carbonize

All of my banking apps work just fine without GMS. And I use Curve and that works perfectly. Funnily enough Huawei wallet doesn't need GMS neither. I use Aurora which is just an open source front for the Play store...
  7. carbonize

They all work you just can't login. I've had my Gmail account for nearlytwenty years and now use Outlook to read my gmail. I've used Waze as my satnav and it works flawlessly. But your situation is why I try to avoid getting myself in to deep with any ecosystem. I mean look at how stuck Apple...
  8. carbonize

Post General THERE IS NO GMS ON THE P50 PRO. DEAL WITH IT.

As I only paid £550 for mine be brand new I'll pass.
  9. carbonize

Your point of view and yet you keep saying we. But anyway please go ahead and sell your phone. I'm sure the buyer will be mature enough to appreciate it for what it is rather than wishing it was something it is not.
  10. carbonize

That's because the guy in the video is an idiot who thinks using gspace is the same as installing GMS.
  11. carbonize

Post Question Got my new P50 Pro, can I make it usable or should I sell it?

And how exactly does Harmony make it more useful?
  12. carbonize

Whether you purchased the Chinese or international version is irrelevant. You would of bought a phone that did not come with GMS. Even if you got the Chinese version you'd eventually start complaining once the exploits got patches.
  13. carbonize

You mean moaning is how you are dealing with it. So why buy a phone that doesn't come with GMS if all you are going to do is complain about it not having GMS? Do you go out and deliberately buy a red car just so you can moan about the fact it's not blue?
  14. carbonize

Thread General THERE IS NO GMS ON THE P50 PRO. DEAL WITH IT.

I'm fed up of seeing threads on here and in places like Reddit asking how to add GMS to this phone. If you want GMS then why have you purchased a phone without it? Either take the time to learn how to live without GMS or don't go buying phones without it. It really is that simple.
  15. carbonize

Post Question Got my new P50 Pro, can I make it usable or should I sell it?

Strava works fine in gspace. Maybe you need to step back and realise that you've allowed yourself to become locked in to Google like an iPhone user is locked in to Apple.