• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by cbw

1. cbw

Post Can I install official rom from other region?

No, even after re-locking bootloader, you can still unlock bootloader again with the same account without waiting, but there is a limit, you can only unlock bootloader 2 times in a month, if I remembered it correctly. Yes, if you do all the steps correctly, the phone shouldn't be bricked, but...
  2. cbw

It should also work on your phone. If your phone came with the EEA version (EUXM) installed, you should be able to install Taiwan ROM (TWXM) with the "clean all and lock" option. If you want to go back to the EEA version, you can just unlock the bootloader again, and flash the EEA fastboot ROM...
  3. cbw

Yes, the password of your Mi account. After unlocking bootloader, data will be erased and the phone will reboot, but you can just reboot the phone to bootloader (fastboot mode) by long pressing the power button and the volume down button, then flash the fastboot ROM in Mi Flash, and go through...
  4. cbw

Yes, you can install any other region of MIUI and lock bootloader as long as it's an official ROM for your device, not a custom ROM. I chose to install the Taiwan version of MIUI because it has the MIUI dialer, while all other regions of MIUI except Taiwan and Indonesia only have the Google...
  5. cbw

Yes, at least in my own experience, the problem only exists when installing the official global ROM (or another region of MIUI) on a phone (after Redmi Note 5) that came with China ROM pre-installed. The phone will not boot until the bootloader is unlocked again. I have tried installing the...
  6. cbw

Yes, that is correct, make sure that the file you download is the fastboot ROM in the tgz format, not the recovery ROM. Then you need to extract the tgz file into a folder, make sure there is no space in the path of the folder, so it's better to extract it to C:\ or D:\ on the computer, then...
  7. cbw

The phone should still work without problems after relocking bootloader with that option, and it will still pass the certification. But to flash the fastboot ROM you will still need to unlock bootloader, you can't update it with the recovery ROM method since they are different versions (OR and XM).
  8. cbw

Post Unlock BootLoader (and lock again)

No, the phone works well, all sensors still work, and with the MIUI dialer in Taiwan ROM, now I also have an option to record calls automatically. It just feels the same as a phone that is from Taiwan. tgz is the format of the compressed fastboot ROM file.
  9. cbw

If you are installing the official fastboot ROM of a different region, you should be able to relock bootloader and the phone will still work. (As long as it is not the China version of hardware.) Just use the tgz fastboot ROM file, extract it into a folder, and select that folder in Mi Flash...
  10. cbw

It will become not certified with unlocked bootloader if you are using official ROM, and after relocking bootloader it will be certified. But if you want to keep your bootloader unlocked and still want the phone to be certified, you can use the Xiaomi.eu custom ROM, or install Magisk in the...
  11. cbw

Yes, it is certified after locking bootloader.
  12. cbw

Post Is it possible to flash miui 11 on Poco M3?

Yes, but not directly from updater. To downgrade, you have to download the fastboot ROM, and flash it with Mi Flash from a computer, with the phone's bootloader unlocked. You will need to use the "clean all" or "clean all and lock" option when you flash it. By unlocking bootloader with Mi...
  13. cbw

Post WiFi strength, range, and throughput

Recently I tried to connect my POCO M3 to my Mi Bluetooth Audio Receiver, and the audio started disconnecting when I was only about 3 meters away from the phone. Then I tried to use the audio receiver with my old phone, Redmi 4X, it wouldn't disconnect even when I was about 5 meters away. I...
  14. cbw

Post Ok Google works when screen is off

It also works in Taiwan ROM after the 12.0.5.0.QJFTWXM update.
  15. cbw

Post call recording

The POCO Taiwan website is in Chinese language, but Taiwan ROM still has all the languages that global ROM has, the language can be chosen during setup.