Recent content by Chahk

1. Chahk

Post Question Which Fold5 case are you getting?

I'd like a couple of things out of my case: Be thin Have a kickstand Be compatible with car mounts such as https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B1515C1B Cost under $USD 50 Looks like 1 and 2 are mutually exclusive :( Any suggestions?
  2. Chahk

Post Fire HD 8 (2018 ONLY) unbrick, downgrade, unlock & root

I'm having a hard time getting the short to work. I've been trying for the past 2 days without success, it just never proceeds from "Waiting for bootrom". How long should I be holding the clip in place? I tried for more than 2 minutes and it still won't work. Does anyone have a video...
  3. Chahk

Post Rapid Temporary Root for HD 8 & HD 10

Bummer. What are my options now? What's this hardware method that you mention?
  4. Chahk

Post Rapid Temporary Root for HD 8 & HD 10

Fire HD8 2018. Getting the following error trying to use the arm version (not arm64) of latest version of mtk-su r18 on Ubuntu (via Windows 10 Linux subsystem): karnak:/data/local/tmp $ ./mtk-su -v armv8l machine Failed critical init step 4 setns failed: Permission denied starting...
  5. Chahk

Post Google Family Link installation

I would like to know this as well before purchasing. My choice is currently between Fire 8 and 7, and right now I'm leaning towards 7 because I can definitely use Family Link on Lineage OS.
  6. Chahk

Post [Non-root] Automatic Call Recording On oneplus 5T and 6 - Android Pie

The setting is not permanent, and reverts on every boot. You have to repeat the steps in OP every time you reboot.
  7. Chahk

Post Nvidia Shield TV SSD - done

Trying this right now on my Shield TV Pro 2015. The first time around HDD Raw Copy Tool hung on 98% and of course Shield wouldn't boot off it. Second attempt is chugging along at 55% right now. Wish me luck. [Edit] Nope. Stuck on exactly same sector. Could it be an issue with the original...
  8. Chahk

Post [OFFICIAL] OxygenOS Android 10 Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 5T (dumpling)

Does it pass SafetyNet/CTS? It didn't for me.
  9. Chahk

Thread OOS 5.1.1 - Can't create contacts in my Google account.

Every time I try to add a new contact in either stock or Google's Contacts apps I get the error "Can't save contact changes" and the following error in logcat: 05-16 19:59:51.364 3961 3961 D SSME[8170] : ContactsObserver: observed change at uri=content://com.android.contacts; refreshing...
  10. Chahk

Post [OFFICIAL] OxygenOS 10.0.1 (Android Q 10.0) OTA for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger)

Link to Magisk 15.3 in post #2 is dead. Why are we not using 16.0 stable or 16.4 beta?
  11. Chahk

Post [OFFICIAL] OxygenOS 10.0.1 (Android Q 10.0) OTA for OnePlus 5T (dumpling)

Anyone having trouble with stock dialer ignoring a setting in Google Voice app to use your GV number for outbound calls? It broke somewhere between beta 4 and 6, just wondering if that's an issue in stable as well.
  12. Chahk

Beta 6 introduced 2 very severe bugs on my 5T. Google Voice app has a setting to enable the dialer to use your GV number for outbound calls. This setting is now completely ignored, and the dialer always uses the carrier number. Kind of a bummer since it defeats the entire purpose of Google...
  13. Chahk

Yes, I did that already. Still same problem.
  14. Chahk

Same issue here. Tried removing Substratum via recovery and re-flashing the OB4 - still same.
  15. Chahk

Post NEW OTA - NPN25.137-92 Stock Full Firmware - Updated 24, December

What's the latest version for the US variant? (channel retus, baseband POTTER_NA_CUST) My son's G5 Plus is stuck on NPN25.137-33 and no updates available.