• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by Charlie Cooper

1. C

Post [SHARE][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][A11][A40] LineageOS 18.0

Lineage OS18.1 version 20210716_134211 (released yesterday) results in endless LinageOS logo on boot and doesn't work. Beware testers :)
  2. C

Post [Android 11] kernel A40 physwizz OneUI 3.1

I assume its "GSI" in your first post because it's not running Samsung's OneUI.
  3. C

Google Camera 8.3.252.381773168.02 (arm64-v8a) (nodpi) (Android 11+) doesn't open. It just crashes (common with it on random Roms). Google Go camera app: just black and after 7 seconds I hear the camera focus mechanism make a small physical pop sound and the phone starts rebooting.
  4. C

Post [A11][R][ARM64][A40][POSP]Potato Open Sauce Project Unofficial

What firmware version are you on? I can try using the same version if u had a link and I can report back. To replicate the problem: -Call anyone (or just the answer phone). - while your head is by the earpiece and so the screen is switched off, use your finger to swipe from the top of the phone...
  5. C

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Everything else including dual Sim support, GPS and battery life are working great!
  6. C

Any app that activates the camera with this kernal crashes the phone. I'm using LinageOS 18.1 (Android 11).
  7. C

Post [A11][R][ARM64][A40][POSP]Potato Open Sauce Project Unofficial

I tried the new recent version after having tried the original version of this OS. It's a lot better - takes up around 1.6GB of RAM (with NikGApps Core) and boots fast. Issue thtat keeps me from using it as my daily driver is the in-call phone issue - when you're in a call, you can still...
  8. C

Heads up. The latest build (as of this post) called "lineage-18.1-plus-20210709_122105-UNOFFICIAL-c8a2e8a-a40" doesn't work and results in it getting stuck at boot (SAMSUNG Galaxy A40 logo screen). Here's the firmware file I used...
  9. C

Does anyone have issues with the top of the phone screen staying activated when the screen is off such as during a phone call? My face keeps dragging down the notification area and I keep putting people on hold haha.
  10. C

Thanks! This fixed itself after I tried resetting the phone to defaults (from LinageOS).
  11. C

I have an issue with Google Maps on this with NikGApps. The GPS part of it just doesn't work although GPS works fine in other apps. Anyone have any ideas to fix this?
  12. C

I'm not seeing any contacts from my Google Account. Anyone else have this issue? Is everyone using NikGapps with this? EDIT (I found the answer): I found how to fix missing contacts. This fix is descripted in the FAQ (i'm including the link as other fixes you are likely to run into are included...
  13. C

Try resetting it to Factory Defaults (from inside the LinageOS). Otherwise I haven't had that issue.
  14. C

OK so I've tried this after trying another ROM on this forum called 'Potato OS/ASOP'. - LinageOS boots quicker. - Phone proximity/camera sensor works for phone calls (the other one didn't). - LinageOS takes less RAM. Phone uses 1.7GB at idle Potato takes up 2.1GB at idle. This is gonna be my...