Recent content by chgr

1. C

Post Sony Pro I Video Pro App For Xperia 1

Can you guys check if the video stabilization works smoothly in 4K ? (I don't have a Mark 1 phone any more so I cannot check) This would be great since it was really jerky with the regular camera app, on Xperia 5 at least.
  2. C

Post New photo Pro app available

If you want to open the new (Xperia 1/5 III) PhotoPro app with the camera button, even from locked screen, you can check my simple method here (since it's the same for Xperia 5II): https://xdaforums.com/t/updated-camera-pro-app.4283199/post-85866439
  3. C

Post Updated Camera Pro App

To start the Xperia 5III version of PhotoPro with the camera button, even from locked screen, you can do this: In the standard camera app settings (not in PhotoPro), set the camera button to launch the standard camera app. Install Macrodroid Download and unzip the attached macro file on your...
  4. C

Post Wifi constantly dropping after 58.1.A.5.441 update [w/ workaround]

I'm having a related issue with Xperia 5 II (XQ-AS52 Dual), seemingly since the same update 58.1.A.5.441. For me the problem is that 5GHz networks work fine for around one day, then they get disconnected for no apparent reason. At this point, 5GHz networks won't show up in the list of Wifi...
  5. C

Post Photo quality

Eventually I gave this phone a 2nd try as it got cheaper and also because we can download the new Photo Pro app from the Xperia 1iii. Unofficial but works good. For sure in the model I got this time, Sony must have changed the camera glass cover, because I'm no longer getting crazy lens flares...
  6. C

Post Issue with the autofocus in lowlight (due to removing ToF and not using the lamp)

Indeed the lack of of pre-flash, laser and TOF make it hard to focus in the dark. In such situations, I suggest using the Photo Pro app with continuous focus ON (this mode is not available in the standard app). Most often this setting allows to acquire proper focus except in total darkness...
  7. C

Post Googlefier - Install GMS on Huawei/Honor

Before using Googlefier or any other method that relies on LZPLAY, you should read the risks first: LZPLAY - Malicious Android GMS Assistant/Helper (ibmcloud.com)
  8. C

Post Photo quality

Some other pics from X5 II (in right situations) (<- with zoom lens) (<- ultra wide lens)
  9. C

Post Photo quality

Here is an additional take on photo quality. Main lens (wide angle) in AUTO mode (with standard / Pro apps): Good: - Noiseless pictures. Much improved from previous generation. - Natural looking blur in out-of focus areas (ex: background). Can create natural bokeh for cats, faces, macro, etc. -...
  10. C

Post Video quality

Video quality is good on Xperia 5 II. Especially notable: stabilisation in 4k video in standard app is working well, which was not the case with previous Xperia 5.
  11. C

Post WiFi strength, range, and throughput

Wifi speed is much faster on 5 II than on 5: Did not measure but file transfer through wifi is at least 1.5 times faster.
  12. C

Post Outdoor visibility (max brightness)

I can say 5 II is brighter than Xperia 5.
  13. C

Thread Stock camera app auto-mode tips

Here a a few tips on controlling the stock camera app in auto-mode that you may or not be aware off. Just thought it may be of help to other owners. We know we can control pretty much all aspects of camera in manual mode (focus, metering, ISO, WB, etc). However, on the Xperia 5 the manual mode...
  14. C

Post Photo quality

I guess now that X5 is getting much cheaper it's still interesting, but I wouldn't expect big software improvements to come except for maybe Photo Pro app if Sony is nice to us. Personally I think the next version X5 II should bring major improvements in photo and we will soon know if that's...
  15. C

Post Photo quality

Ok. I tried lots of pictures exactly as you explain: HDR ON (both with auto and manual), lots of light in background and a moving subject not well lit. Basically I did a moving person against a bright window. I did get about 1 in 20 of these back-lit photos displaying a ghost image at the limit...