Recent content by ClownWorld

1. ClownWorld

Post LG G8 AT&T SIM unlock?

@SpaxShop In your case did he have to do more than just check IMEI and enter the unlock code from octo, what was it that took 1h+? Downloading all the drivers and programs onto the pc?
  2. ClownWorld

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] PixelOS for Xperia 5 [Android 12]

Is this more stable than and how does it compare to lineage os in terms of privacy?
  3. ClownWorld

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Xperia 5 [EOL]

Worked fine but now it's boot looping like crazy, seems to drain battery fast. not sure if that's because of rom or it's just old. What could be the issue? it has these rapid restarts with the lineage animation on boot, sometimes boots up enough time for you to input the pin but then restarts...
  4. ClownWorld

@SpaxShop Before you made the purchase? Special resets? Edl mode? Did you have any octoplus software or relevant drivers installed already? Redundant moments? Were there difficulties in terms of a language barrier?
  5. ClownWorld

Did you get in contact with him and ask any questions before purchase? Could you describe the process? Did you need to install TeamViewer on pc and connect phone to pc, were there any other softwares he tried to install or requested that you install, which programs and functions of the pc did...
  6. ClownWorld

Post Guide LG G8/G8x/v50 Bootloader Unlock and Magisk Root using Firehose

The sites which claim to provide free unlock codes if you enter imei number, they're email phishing spam sites or something like this, maybe they want to do something with the imei, scams, right? Is it dangerous to input in IMEI into these sites?
  7. ClownWorld

I asked one, he said in broken English that he doesn't do that, for some reason. Did not motivate. I found the guy on tg, his handle is unlocklg
  8. ClownWorld

@AsItLies I did a search on lgunlock but only found a user called lgunlocking, not sure if this is the same, when you did the unlocking. how was it done, did you also have the sim code popup so all you neeeded was for him to provide a code or did you not and had to plug in via usb and then he...
  9. ClownWorld

Ok, I just did a flash backup as per https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-full-flash-backup-and-restore.4362809/ Do you know if the last part of the model name matters like the 10F part of G850UM10F or the country/region of the .kdz rom file. I can't find the G850UM10F file, do you know...
  10. ClownWorld

Which guide do you mean? This one https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-lg-g8-g8x-v50-bootloader-unlock-and-magisk-root-using-firehose.4221793/ It says "requirement: A10" Is it not so? Or is it some other method or guide, like with LGUP? the 150-400 USD is referring to the Octoplus box...
  11. ClownWorld

Where can I find the tg group for g8? Do I need an account on TG to access and follow up on this? Do you think it would be cheaper or better in some other way? I assume he would need access through vnc as well? Would it work through linux as well? I suppose it costs 150-400usd to get it done on...
  12. ClownWorld

Post [Tutorial] Full Flash Backup And Restore

Idk whether to skip the backup then to attempt to update firmware as per https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-lg-g8-g8x-v50-bootloader-unlock-and-magisk-root-using-firehose.4221793/post-86713627 or do the unlock service as per https://www.ebay.com/itm/194531771535 or similar. Since...
  13. ClownWorld

Post [Tutorial] Full Flash Backup And Restore

Did it within 5-7s still gives this. Tried also with other cable, ports, pc.