Recent content by cognitivedissonance

1. C

Post [APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

Anyone tried the most recent non-root release? I seem to recall that the login bug was "fixed" in the previous release, but I see in the newest release notes that it's being listed as "finally fixed." Anyone know if it's *actually* fixed, or should I just stay on MicroG 0.2.16.204713 and YT...
  2. C

Yep, that's exactly why I'm asking. Shall I take it from your response that there are indeed issues and I should remain on the versions that I'm currently using? Well now I'm confused -- you responded with this to my post. Does the 100% mean sit tight, or go ahead and update?
  3. C

This is my current non-root setup. I'm not having any real issues, but I do know the new versions are out. Are people having problems with them? Should I just continue to sit tight for now?
  4. C

Back a while ago there were a good number of reports about YouTube just force-overwriting the root version which then made for a lot of hassles trying to work around it. I'm not talking about accidentally updating it either, I'm talking about it being force-updated. I had it happen more than...
  5. C

Yes, as some of you have pointed out, this recommendation is for those using the non-root method. Based on my previous experiences with the rooted versions, they were significantly more prone to breaking, either by new YouTube releases, or other issues. Resolving those problems was also much...
  6. C

Post [APK] Smart YouTube TV - NO ADS! (Android TV)

Seems like logging in is broken. Anyone else experiencing this?
  7. C

I recommend everyone stick with the following versions: MicroG 0.2.16.204713 YT 15.43.32 YTM 4.07.51 These versions still work properly.
  8. C

Post backup restore app

Just checking to see if this is still your opinion of these apps. As I understand it, OAndBackupX has been actively developed right along. Just wondering if it's a Swift Backup competitor / on par at this point. EDIT: Never mind - the XDA page for the app is telling enough. Seems like it's...
  9. C

Post [APP][ROOT/NONROOT][OFFICIAL] AdAway v5.6.0

Anyone know what I need to whitelist to enable "Messages for web" using Google's Messages app? It blocks it until I stop Adaway. I tried running the DNS logger and it's pretty clearly not logging the actual requests b/c I whitelist what comes up and it still is failing until I again stop...
  10. C

Post TWRP 3.2.3-1 for Pixel 2 XL

Hi there, I've been having issues with my Pixel 2 XL somehow becoming corrupted while mid-use. I'm still on Android 9.0 where I can still make customary nandroid backups and restore them fully to bring me back exactly to a point in time without any additional setup required. My phone just...
  11. C

Thread PLEASE HELP - My Pixel 2 XL won't unlock / unencrypt (for the second time in a month)

The symptoms have been the same both times. For no discernable reason, suddenly my apps start malfunctioning and won't let me use them while I'm in the unlocked system. When I lock the screen or reboot, it goes to the lockscreen as normal but won't let me unlock using my pincode. I boot into...
  12. C

Post Magisk General Support / Discussion

What in the world is that stub apk? Are we supposed to download and install that too?
  13. C

I just added that step. While it did seem to prevent Magisk Manager from reappearing, once I reflashed Magisk in TWRP, and reinstalled Magisk Manager, Hiding Magisk Manager still doesn't work. It just clocks forever and creates another app called Magisk in addition to Magisk Manager.
  14. C

For the love of.... nothing is fixing this. 1. Turned on airplane mode 2. Force closed Magisk app, wiped data, uninstalled 3. Booted to bootloader, flashed factory image w/ -w flag removed to avoid wiping data 4. Booted system, noticed somehow there was still a Magisk app that had re-appeared...