Recent content by cr2

1. C

Post [TOOL][WIN/LIN/MAC] MiUnlockTool - Unlock bootloader of xiaomi devices on mac & linux

This software is hosted at github, but the author hides the source code: https://github.com/francescotescari/XMT/issues/2 Is somebody working on decompiling the relevant parts of this bloatware ?
  2. C

Post GPS receiver on Exynos model

It can be also 1602.000 for Galileo, or show 'L1' for GPS L5 (so you will see the same GPS satellite twice as 'L1'). I will seek for the replacement by Mi8 Pro. In general stay away from Mi9 for high accuracy GPS purposes, because Qualcomm chipsets do not provide carrier phase data!!!
  3. C

The Xiaomi Mi9 is NOT using BCM47755, but a built-in Qualcomm GPS ! I don't know if it is better or worse than Broadcom, but it is a new and different chipset. It is L1/L5/E1/E5a capable, but the GPStest "CF" output is completely F*d up ;)
  4. C

I have downloaded the Mate 20 X firmware image EVR_AL00B_BD_1.0.0.30_9.0.0_r3_EMUI9.0.0_05022LPM.zip, unzipped and mounted its vendor.img dump. /vendor/etc/gps4775config.xml has the same content as on Mi 8: <gll ... MultiCarrLnaMask="L1_EXT_ON|L5_EXT_ON" MultiCarrRFMode...
  5. C

Accuracy is not defined by some junk android API. If it was 16 cm or 16 mm, will you trust these numbers more than 16 m ? Since you have the L1/L5 receiver, save the GNSSLogger raw logs for a fixed location under open sky conditions (let's say for 1 hour) and let us postprocess it.
  6. C

I have googled for RINEX2.11 with 8 L1/L5 observables, but it seems nobody has used such system yet. This is the most similar L1/L2 setup 8 C1 L1 D1 S1 P2 L2 D2 S2 # / TYPES OF OBSERV but we will have 8 C1 L1 D1 S1 C5 L5 D5 S5 # / TYPES OF OBSERV. I'm just curious what TEQC...
  7. C

Sorry, i went really far into hardcore GPS technical details :) The number "16" may be just some dummy placeholder and the true scientific way of doing things is to record longer logs with GNSSLogger under unobstructed clear sky (probably in the fields to the NE from your location) and manually...
  8. C

Wow, thanks! It seems the chinese really kicked Samsung's ass ;) The problem is with the buggy post-processing tools like https://github.com/rokubun/android_rinex which can't cope with dual- (or triple-) frequency data. I have modified this script a bit, so ignore the line for column formatting...
  9. C

Your two last screenshots are great! The last one shows raw GAL_E5a observation data ( SV=E19 CarrierFreqHz=1.17645E9) and the previous one refers to GPS_L1L5 for SVID 8,9,26,27 (all IIF) and GAL_E1E5a for E19,26. Need to check wikipedia which GPS SVIDs are L5-capable. Actually you should see...
  10. C

Can you also attach the gpsd binary (it may be called glgps4775 or similar) ? You should first check the GNSSLogger output for the raw L5/E5 measurements. Without this data even dual-frequency capability will not give you 30centimeter accuracy.
  11. C

Android is just a fancy shell on top of the vendor-specific binaries. Upping its version number may provide a warm and fuzzy feeling of google hype, but it's completely useless if not accompanied by the appropriate vendor software. "Duty cycling" is the Broadcom-specific self-inflicted PITA for...
  12. C

It will be much more helpful to get the mi8 vendor partition dump with 'gpsd' and config file.
  13. C

Can you replace only this one line MultiCarrRFMode ="GL_MULTI_CARR_RF_MODE_L1" by MultiCarrRFMode ="GL_MULTI_CARR_RF_MODE_L1_L5" and check if the GPS works ?
  14. C

Can you attach the verbatim copy of your edited gps.xml for S9 ?