Recent content by crypted

1. crypted

Post Private DNS for Android (and other systems)

Not really sure how to publicize this and it probably isn't worth trying to do... But for those who do use this, and there are plenty of folks, I have been working on some changes. 1. These will not work with Android as I don't have the extra cash to blow on more SSL certificates. But, they...
  2. crypted

Post [PATCH] AGPS Patch 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SAT

DNS stuff is at https://www.derekgordon.com/dns
  3. crypted

Post [PATCH] AGPS Patch 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SAT

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/beta-testers-android-pie-private-dns-t3886490 I use private DNS upstreams including 1.1.1.1 but this goes beyond just private DNS because it provides filtering.
  4. crypted

Thank you for the donation. My big work is private DNS offering pi-hole similar capabilities for Android 9.0 devices supporting it as well as a public DNS server for routers, etc. But, the GPS stuff still lives on minus that one data intensive component.
  5. crypted

The only thing missing is the custom build of GPS data. It should work fine using the standard URL. Time servers were the biggest issue and I still supply a very good ntp pool as well.
  6. crypted

All of your requests are cleared if you didn't notice yet. Happy browsing.
  7. crypted

You figured out a good workaround to make your request. Processing now, give it a minute and should be good.
  8. crypted

Actually, I had a spare moment at lunch. Try this: https://forms.gle/oGtAFKAc7yJPmmEZ6
  9. crypted

Hey. Feel free to tell me these domains. There is such high usage and hardly any feedback so I haven't even thought about it. I could make a Google Form later.
  10. crypted

First, I don't use Pi-Hole only. I made a custom Debian image and deployed it into the world of CDN. Pi-Hole's opensource software was incorporated as one of my mechanisms for blacklists. To your point on connection, you need two things: 1) a TLS server to establish the connection and 2)...
  11. crypted

Very strange. No one has reported that issue. Is it the same result on WiFi vs mobile data? Want to give me your IP to search logs? I've used the server in four countries on various WiFi and mobile netwiens without issue on Pixel 3.
  12. crypted

Cool. I have zero issues on our family's Pixel 2s and 3s. No one said much bad except someone who had login issues on an Xbox when they used the system for their network's DNS. I solved that for them. Note I'm not filtering Google ads domain as a few people complained since they click the...
  13. crypted

Cool. Give it a go. My only concern now rests with the attack prevention stuff I've added. It rate limits and bans those who are hitting the server or servers if expanded quite hard. Basically it's to ward off attackers. Anyway no bad reports from it but it's the only factor I'm not totally sure of.
  14. crypted

Have a number of people using it without issue now.... Check it out here: https://www.derekgordon.com/dns
  15. crypted

Thread Private DNS for Android (and other systems)

Private DNS has been around for a little bit on newer devices. However, finding a service that provides both the Private DNS side (TLS) and ad-blocking, filtration of bad domains, etc., has been another whole mess. I've launched a donation-backed Private DNS service which provides an...