• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by cryptyk

1. C

Post [Mod][Xposed] Amplify - Battery Extender - Control alarms, services, and wakelocks

Amplify no longer available in the Play Store Hi everyone, OP here. It's been a long time since I've checked in, but I want to share some news. I received an email from Google yesterday letting me know that Amplify has been suspended from the Play Store because it changes the way that other...
  2. C

Post Move from AT&T to Verizon. Will VVM just start working?

Thank you for the confidence that this will work. I'll be calling Verizon Monday.
  3. C

Post Move from AT&T to Verizon. Will VVM just start working?

It wouldn't be prepaid. I want to move from att contract to Verizon contract and want to know if vvm in the dialer app will automatically be enabled when I switch carriers.
  4. C

Thread Move from AT&T to Verizon. Will VVM just start working?

I'm frustrated by AT&T's stance on VVM and RCS. They don't allow the standard dialers VVM integration to work and they apparently have no intention of supporting RCS. Can I take my pixel 3 xl from att and provision it on Verizon? Will everything "just work"? Will VVM come back magically...
  5. C

Post [Mod][Xposed] Amplify - Battery Extender - Control alarms, services, and wakelocks

Hi everyone, Apologies for my absence. I had a work trip and then yesterday had to undergo surgery. Nothing major and everything went well. I'm recovering today and tomorrow. The pain meds make it hard to focus so I haven't read past page 779 here. Just posting this to explain why I'm not...
  6. C

Good question; I wasn't clear: Amplify requires Xposed, which requires you to have a rooted device. The Amplify app also *used to* require root and would request it when it started up. It doesn't need to request root anymore and so it won't show up in your SU app list. To avoid confusion, I'll...
  7. C

Hi all, It sounds like there are a couple of things going on. 1) It sounds like there's a problem with LG phones. This happens sometimes when OEMs have customized the OS and changed signatures on methods. I can fix it, so we'll get that sorted. 2) Amplify doesn't need root anymore! It won't...
  8. C

That's a great logcat. Unfortunately, I don't see anything wrong. I'l need to create a version with more logging to see what's going on. I'm not going to be able to get to that for a couple of days though - I have some business travel early this week. Perhaps try to uninstall, reboot...
  9. C

Post [Update 06/11/17] [UNOFFICIAL] List of modules which work with Nougat Xposed

shrazy Hi folks, Amplify has been updated for Nougat. The new version is in the Amplify thread OP, on the play store, and on the Xposed repo. Enjoy your new battery life! Ryan
  10. C

I get so excited every time I release a x.0.0 release because I love round numbers. I'm always hopeful that it stays at x.0.0 for a long time. It never works out :) Here's a new version that fixes the problem. Thanks for catching it early! Ryan
  11. C

Thanks for confirming everyone! I'm glad we got it sorted out! Thanks for letting me know. Can you grab a logcat for me? Best way to do that is install adb on your computer. Verify it's working by trying the following from a command prompt: adb logcat. If you get a bunch of output, that...
  12. C

I think support for SELinux and Nougat calls for a major version change! Amplify version 4.0.0 attached! This version should have full SELinux support for wakelocks, services, and alarms. Consider this the first official version for Nougat. I'll continue to optimize and fix bugs in...
  13. C

fenrir_ac - Thank you for the logcat and detailed report. I plan to switch from files to a database. I think that may fix your problem. It might take me a couple of days to get that done; I want to get the alarms and services working first as it looks like the current build is working for most...
  14. C

Post [TOOL] DexPatcher: Modify Android applications at source-level in Android Studio

Roger. Sounds like that's just the state of affairs today. I look forward to a future where something a little more secure like dxp-live is in place :) Enjoy your weekend! Ryan
  15. C

Hi everyone, Attached is another release that should fix stability problems. The caveats with this release: - It only handles wakelocks. Alarms and services will be easy after we get the wakelocks working - I've completely re-written the preferences and statistics, which are two core parts of...