Recent content by Culex316

1. C

Post Qualcomm QPST carrier_policy modify Carrier Aggregation?

Hey, interesting post. I have the same phone (LG G7 ULM) and I'm also interested in modifying CA combos but for LATAM. Did you have to root to do all of this?
  2. C

Post Can any SM-N986U1 owner provide me with their UE Capability Information?

Were you able to get it for the SM-N986U1? It's the unlocked version (different from the SM-N986U)
  3. C

Post Unlocked on T-Mobile

Can you confirm that the unlocked version picks up Band 71 LTE on T-Mobile?
  4. C

Post Enabling LTE Bands from the LG Secret Menu?

The ULM version definitely does have Band 12. How do I know? I followed this guide: https://mt-tech.fi/en/how-to-get-4g-supported-ca-combinations-from-your-android-phone/#LG_devices I extracted the qmdl log and followed the steps to extract the actual supported bands as well as carrier...
  5. C

Thread Can any SM-N986U1 owner provide me with their UE Capability Information?

To get it, you need to follow a process here. It's very easy, all you need to do is save a log file and then send it. I just need to use it to confirm the carrier aggregation band combos for this particular Note 20 Ultra 5G device (US unlocked) and this is the only way to know 100% for sure. I...
  6. C

Thread Now you can view LTE/UMTS band on Z3+ with Nougat with LTE Discovery/CellMapper

One cool thing about the new Nougat update is that you can now view the current LTE/UMTS band you're connected to using LTE discovery and Cellmapper, since the UARFCN/EARFCN information is now exposed as an application API, meaning apps can directly calculate what LTE or 3G band your phone is...
  7. C

Post Xperia Z3+ Nougat Review.....

Nougat makes my device feel like a whole new phone..I like it.
  8. C

Post The Xperia Z4 confirmed for 7.0 by Sony

Yeah, I would expect them to update the Z3+ to Nougat...although I am not holding my breath for a quick update either.
  9. C

Post [Q] Nexus player ubuntu

Because you could then get a fully-functional, low-cost Linux computer for the cost of Nexus Player hardware ($49).
  10. C

Post [Official] 32.1.A.1.163 Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Xperia Z3+ Released!

That's because Android Marshmallow has "Doze", which acts the same way, limiting application background activity, and it's something that Google required their OEMs to include, and so I guess Sony is still working out how to implement both STAMINA mode and Doze.
  11. C

Post How is the m4?

If you live in the Americas, you can get the 16GB version, which is better than the 8GB version. As others have said, it stutters stock, but I personally think it's an excellent mid-ranger for what I use it for (browsing, chatting on Whatsapp, making calls, checking e-mails etc.) But honestly...
  12. C

Post Mythical e5606?

Where exactly? I can't find it.
  13. C

Post E6553 T-Mobile Band 12 support

It only switches to Band 12 if you are inside a building where it can't pick up a Band 4 signal or if you are in an area where there is only a Band 12 LTE signal.
  14. C

Post How to root my Xperia M4? And how to use external memory as internal memory?

Another thing worth mentioning is that Android Marshmallow has support for merging your SD card and internal memory into one, meaning that the SD card will literally become an extension of the internal memory. However, you'd have to wait for the Marshmallow update for your Xperia M4 aqua for...
  15. C

Post How is the phone?

My LG G4 died but before that I had a Galaxy Nexus and that phone was at least able to run game smoothly that makes this Xperia m4 aqua stutter! It's amazing. I think the CPU governor is too damn conservative. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk