Recent content by CurtisMJ

1. CurtisMJ

Post [ROOT][APP] Logo+ - OSS Implementation of Lighting Effects for Razer Phone 2

Hmm, to be honest I didn't really pay attention to whether it turned off with the camera. If it's doing it now (I didn't specifically program it to turn off with the camera), then unfortunately thats probably not possible. The app works by literally talking directly to the kernel. If the...
  2. CurtisMJ

Post [ROOT][APP] Logo+ - OSS Implementation of Lighting Effects for Razer Phone 2

If you can get to a root terminal would you mind running the below command and posting the output? ls /sys/class/leds/lp5523:channel0/device Razer made some patches to the kernel driver for the LED chip which this app depends on. If the patches aren't in the kernel some sysfs nodes, in...
  3. CurtisMJ

It is indeed not Tasker specific. Automate for example supports it, though I'm not sure of the payment model of that app. Basically any app that claims "Tasker/Locale" plugin support should be able to use it.
  4. CurtisMJ

That could actually be achieved through the Tasker automation by setting brightness to zero between those hours.
  5. CurtisMJ

Maybe not your fault lol. So you dont actually need to have the visualizer switch toggled on in the main UI to use the visualizer. This only activates the automatic state changing, which works based on playback detection. Tasker can still activate the visualizer provided the audio record...
  6. CurtisMJ

New version! Following up on one of the easier feature requests I've had, here is a new version! (I'm so booooorrrrredd) v1.0.13 Added ability to control visualizer state from automation plugin! (Tasker, Locale) You may wish to disable the toggle for automatic visualization state control in the...
  7. CurtisMJ

I did manage to add the custom effects feature before my device had issues. It's not... err, easy, but you don't need to understand the app's code as a whole to add new passive effects. I wanted to create some kind of repository of effects at one point.
  8. CurtisMJ

Systemizing is optional you should only need to disable battery optimization. To get notifications to work you need to enable the notification listener. I don't have the phone with me to check the exact setting but it will be something like "Special access" permissions in the app settings menu...
  9. CurtisMJ

New version! v1.0.12 Now asks for recording permissions! Also BitDefender didn't mark it as malicious! I have literally no idea! EDIT: DAMMIT IT MARKED IT AGAIN
  10. CurtisMJ

I put the app through VirusTotal and even BitDefender there did't flag it. I tested BitDefender Mobile myself and it does indeed detect it as malicious. Very slight modifications to the code make it not detected. Interesting. Seems to just be unlucky...
  11. CurtisMJ

That sounds like it may have something to do with root access. The compiled app posted is compiled directly from the source in the repo with no modifications, there should be no malware unless github is injecting it, which I seriously doubt. I'm not entirely sure what bitdefender is seeing...
  12. CurtisMJ

Hmm that would suggest a service crash or pause. Do you have battery optimisation disabled for Logo+? Checking the logcat for errors might also reveal what happened.
  13. CurtisMJ

New release! v1.0.11 - Music Visualizer! Toggle the visualizer switch in the drawer and then play some music! Side note: I'm pretty sure this is bad for the LEDs. Use sparingly :P Please manually grant the RECORD_AUDIO permission in the app settings for now! I might have gotten a bit excited to...
  14. CurtisMJ

Yes, that was actually one of the project's goals :D The requirements are only root and a kernel with Razer's LED patches. Arter's kernel had the necessary changes the last time I checked.
  15. CurtisMJ

Yes, albeit with the fingerprint scanner disabled. Following advice on the web I'm able to revive the scanner but it dies again soon after and takes the Android zygote with it (Android reasonably assumes that the scanner can't disappear once it's been set up and freaks out when it does). This...