Recent content by Danvdh

1. Danvdh

Post What's the right update?

8.1.0 (OPM2.171026.006.G1, Jul 2018)
  2. Danvdh

Post Battery charging icon (lightning bolt) remains stuck when charging device

It's a confirmed Magisk issue - source: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/597 I have tested to see if the phone does actually charge despite the buggy animation behavior and it does. Just best not to charge with the phone off until this is fixed.
  3. Danvdh

Post [ROM]【4.4.4】Google Play Edition【JFLTE-GPE】 - Oct 5th, 2018

As many of you know modern versions of Google keyboard (gboard) doesn't perform very well out of the box on this phones hardware.... however if you goto the google keyboard settings in language and input and enter the "text correction" menu, uncheck both personalized suggestions and suggest...
  4. Danvdh

Post I went back to Oreo on my Pixel 2 and here is why...

its a well oiled machine. I don't regret it for a second.
  5. Danvdh

Its hilarious that you mention that https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2557353 I still use kit kat everyday my friend. Long live ticker notifications
  6. Danvdh

you sure can, unlock your bootloader and install the latest 8.1 Factory Image from July, then relock your bootloader boot up and disable automatic system updates in developer options and hide the OTA notification by long pressing it.
  7. Danvdh

Thread I went back to Oreo on my Pixel 2 and here is why...

1) Volume controls, seriously google? what are you smoking? Why is it way more difficult to change my ringer volume then it needs to be? why do I need to change media volume if I'm not actually listening to media? all they had to do is allow the user to decide what volume to adjust via hardware...
  8. Danvdh

Thread I went back to Oreo on my Pixel 2 and here is why...

1) Volume controls, seriously google? what are you smoking? Why is it way more difficult to change my ringer volume then it needs to be? why do I need to change media volume if I'm not actually listening to media? 2) Much more professional UI, if I wanted an iPhone I would buy and iPhone...
  9. Danvdh

Nope, Best security is common sense mate. Don't browse shady sites, don't install shady third party apps and you will be fine. The best security is always using your brain. Just like a PC, you can keep it up to date all you want with all the latest patches + anti virus definitions but if...
  10. Danvdh

its exactly what I do mate, I just have a bunch of spare batterys instead of one big one but honestly the drain is so minuscule here i never need to use em! Love this Gpe 4.4.4 software and phone still in 2018. I miss the ticker notifications instead of the heads up banners, and Pie on my pixel...
  11. Danvdh

yearly maintenance update, I still use this phone for spotify and stuff so why not? :) 4.4.4 is easily the best performing android version for the s4 10/05/2018 -Updated Google Play Services -Updated all Play Store apps
  12. Danvdh

yearly update, I still use this phone for spotify and discord so why not? :D 10/05/2018 -Updated Google Play Services -Updated all Play Store apps As many of you know modern versions of Google keyboard (gboard) doesn't perform very well out of the box on this phones hardware.... however if you...
  13. Danvdh

Post [rom]【4.4.4】Google Play Edition【JFLTE-GPE】 - Oct 5th, 2018

yearly update, I still use this phone for spotify and discord so why not? :D 10/05/2018 -Updated Google Play Services -Updated all Play Store apps As many of you know modern versions of Google keyboard (gboard) doesn't perform very well out of the box on this phones hardware.... however if you...
  14. Danvdh

Post [APP][4.1+] Kiwi Browser? Chromium + Adblock + CAF + Night Mode 2020-04-17|Active

Well done, this is one fantastic browser
  15. Danvdh

The kernel requires a working BusyBox so stweaks can function. Googy optimized the i9505g big time.